Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"..gotta story for you..." (Me!) Sandra, tvgp

If I get to chit chattin' with the customers at the register, chances are pretty high these days /having blogged for almost ten years..

that eventually they'll say something that serves as a memory trigger for one of my posts

Several times in the past month or so.. Someone will say something and I'm like, "oh! I've gotta story for you..". Then I handwrite the address of my blog on scratch paper and what word or phrase they should type in the the search bar

Most recently (which will help explain my re-posts of older blogs) a woman at the register mentioned working at heritage estates..

[Ding.. Ding.. Ding...]

(Me!):  "did you say heritage estates? .. Here in Livermore?  Oh.. I know heritage estates..  I played the flute there...

/and I slowed down on the delivery of the rest of this story on purpose:

Yes.  -twinkle, twinkle, little star.   True story.

Mmm hmm.   I was in my 40's.

I thought maybe during my divorce instead of drugs and alcohol that maybe I should learn to play the flute.

I had never played an instrument as a child.. Or learned to read music or anything..   Yeah..  So that was one of my big flute debuts..

With Bernie Burke..   Twinkle, twinkle little star at the heritage estates."  (I could feel my face blushing some; you never know who will find it amusing and who will find it.. Stupid)

The man behind the woman at the register, he was listening too.  -had no choice really.  And he goes, 'I think you should have done drugs instead'

I had to laugh at that one.  "Yes," I said with a smile.."I believe that was indeed the consensus after my big performance"

And they laughed back.

***     ***

But..  Heritage estates! I also have the story about rescuing midnight in the garden of good and evil..

-so I wrote that down for her too..   You have to enter that in the search bar "garden of good and evil"

***

The upshot of our exchange might result in me teaching another one of my "must love blogs" classes at heritage estates.  -help these remarkable seniors capture their memories for family and friends; who knows how many strangers.  I certainly encourage it..

Think always.. What I wouldn't give to read from the journals of my great grandparents, grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles..etc.

Especially the feeling of reading a memory book by my grandma.. Completely glued to every word..

But there was ONLY THREE PAGES!?!?   Then she stopped.  Oh! I still ache over it.

***

Anyway..  Ordered some business cards yesterday.  I finally tired of handwriting SHEsaysWITHaSMILE.blogspot.com.   in search bar, enter (variable) here.

-soon I will only write what to type in the search bar...

Sex appeal.

Seattle

Shady characters.

Sweetest kid in america.

69.

Cigarettes.

Quantum butter fly's

Robin Williams

Maya Angelou

Jeanette walls

Earthquake

Imaginary conversation

Paul McCartney

Embarrassing

Math

Money, money, money

...long list...

But not every story/post would interest every person.. So it works out kind of cool to direct people only to posts relevant to a conversation we've had..     Like the gentleman I met at the aquatic center who worked for the government on the census bureau

"Census bureau?!...  Why you might be the only person I've ever met who might actually appreciate my poem:  census of a different kind..    You just type that in the search bar.. Census.

Add that to my "21 reasons I love to blog".  Which is now at about 213 reasons...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home