Tuesday, April 08, 2014

TESTING as seen by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Sometimes my kids will moan.. 'Yuck.. Have a test today.'

I say with a smile, "you are always being tested.  -but only sometimes youre told."

***

What inspired this post though is a recent conversation with my coworker friend who recently took a real estate exam..

The environment she spoke of reminded me of the environment I was in when I was taking the test which was mandatory to pass in order to  attend San Jose states masters program

Similar to visiting a state prison.. (And yes I have; I know)

Everything you own goes in a locker..  You need 3 forms of ID and a thumb print and blood sample..

You may not even bring in your own pencil! They will supply..

You enter through security gates; there are guards..

The only windows are small, rectangular, and positioned so high up on the wall you'd need a ladder to see the outside world..

I could go on,

But my point is this: if at age 18 or older..  All of the candidate college students need to be treated like potential liar/cheater/criminals when taking a test for admittance

Then perhaps we need to take a long and closer look at what we are teaching, and what students are learning in Kindergarten - High school.

In Jesus name,  -amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home