Saturday, April 05, 2014

Imaginary conversation with Mother Angelica by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

(Me!): "Oooohhhh!...  Now I understand!  Why you think the way you do about abortion.. At least I understand now!  YOU think it comes from a place of selfish 'inconvenience'..  Like, what you project on to the person who chooses abortion is:  "I'm not going to let this baby interfere with my life and plans..". BUT!  What I project on to these females is entirely different..  Based on my experience, conversation and knowledge..  What is actually going on is FEAR and OVERWHELM, not concern about inconvenience.   I see them more like..  How a 14 year old might feel if you told her 'you are now the captain...go sail an ocean line cruiser across the pacific.   "I'm not qualified.  I don't know how..  I've never done this before..  This responsibility is too big and scary for me".   -so we really do project two entirely different scenarios on to these young women..   You project a competent person being selfish...  I project a scared and insecure and confused person who feels underqualified and overwhelmed.     This helps me understand your point of view.  Glad you explained your position out loud.   Blessings and gratitude to you..  I keep listening..  Keep learning...   In Jesus Name.. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home