Friday, April 04, 2014

THE MERCHANDISING ARTIST (patricia!) As seen by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Now.. Everyone I work with has created several  -temporary masterpieces-    some beautiful, magnetic display of home decor arranged just so..  Or some highly aesthetically pleasing combination of furniture, decor and wall art..  New arrangements are created, quite literally; everyday.  And sometimes.. Several times within the same day..   It is my joy.. My pleasure.. To not only create my own little mini masterpieces, but to get to appreciate and learn from my very talented coworker friends..  It may appear and sound like I work at a 'deep discounts on brand names' store.. But in fact, I work inside a perpetually changing merchandising art gallery!      I take in everything with my eyes.. And every shift I will pass objects that  -well, they just look really cool placed next to each other.. Or across, or behind, or layered a certain way.. Maybe it is because of their shape.. Maybe size.. Often it has to do with color.. Quality, quantity..  Such a variety of factors.. But I don't take a picture every time..  Although how easily I could make a full time job it!  Just admiring, taking a picture, describing what I like, why it works.. Moving this here, that there.. Another picture; another explanation..  But this is one of my fav's:  Patricia's masterful merchandising of the candle holders with a small blend of home decor..  Just look!  It caught my attention write away and! Every time I walked past it I enjoyed it again.. I had the pleasure of walking past it several times, -many times..  Look. Admire. Smile.  The internal sensation can be compared to when my eyes take in a beautifully arranged bouquet of fresh flowers. -where its not just the flowers but how they are arranged.  Anyway.. Love it.  And I was not the only one..  Twice I think we had instructions on the to-do list to change this end cap.. And twice, we decided to keep it up longer.. And change different shelves instead..   But as I've written about before.. We must also demonstrate the art of immediate detachment; nothing we create remains for very long.  Yesterday this entire end cap was cleared, moved, shifted..  As were others.. But I got a picture before it came down..  What a beauty! Why? -she did everything just write: everything factors in.. Size, color, shape, style,  quantity, quality, function, ... A most beautifully arranged bouquet of fresh candle holders..  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home