Thursday, April 10, 2014

5 TIMES BEFORE I LEAVE FOR WORK (me!) Sandra, tvgp

am blown away by the level of talent I get to witness/hear on these popular singing competition shows on TV these days. There are a couple different ones I occasionally tape and watch.. I do not watch any of the drama, do not listen to the judges, do not even pay attention to who wins or loses.  -the beauty of taping allows me to cut write to the talent; the performance itself,  and skip everything else.  /especially commercials..

And two stand outs from previous years for me are.. The young man who sang "amazing" -original of The Beatles...

Took the stage by storm and the song up several levels..  Must have have watched that performance 12 times..

And a young man who performed..  Oh! What's the name of that song?  The guitar weeping one...    -magnificent!

And then last night!  Alex Preston..   Singing 'every breath you take'. -original by sting

And I literally could not move, or breathe, or take my eyes off him. "I couldn't believe my ears!"

I just kept saying "HOW!?" Did he do that?   Soften that song..  And succeed!  Everyone knows the original has a stalker quality to it..

And that's what made it work.   -to temper this..  Well, its like dipping the fuse of a firecracker in water...   Who would care anymore?

But! What this artist did!  -somehow.. Some very magical, mysterious way..

Was soften and romanticise and transform the stalker into a man in love; a man looking, loving, longing.. Vs. Stalking, threatening, plotting..

And "it worked!".    I love the original.. But I can't get enough of this alex Preston version...

I don't know HOW he did it..  There were a million opportunities for this to go very wrong...

But he found what I think must be the singular way to do it -write.

Genius!   I'm going to go watch it again write now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home