Friday, March 28, 2014

"Mixed media" a poem by (me!) Inspired by (sally haig! & julie finegan!)

GREAT TIME: last night/1,000 words exhibit.. Harrington gallery/firehouse art center..  To meet a couple of the artists in person.. To listen -and look,  at the variety of creative responses to this narrative themed exhibit, from poetry to photography to improv.. To be in the good company of what I often refer to as 'the cool people'

Hosted with generous style by julie Finegan.. Who until last night.. Was apparently a closet poet..  "Welcome! You are officially one of us.."

I loved everyone moving around in the gallery, collectively, to see which art inspired who to create what..   The energy!

Several people went out of their way to request julie "do this again!"
Myself among them..

***
"Thank you!".  /good experience/good memory file...  Car pool time gotta

#firehouseartcenter

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sandra, a pleasure to meet you last night. I loved your poem on mixed media, in response to my paintings. Can I get a copy of it? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home