Thursday, March 20, 2014

"I HIT THE LOTTERY @ RICKS PICKS!" (Me!) Sandra, tvgp

Not too long ago, another merchandising marathon. Re-did the entire home decor section. 7 hours on the earth clock; 1 hour as experienced by my brain.  Rick says, "looks awesome!". I tell him, "well, I love this work..".  Then I stop myself..  Realize I have to stop telling people -especially the owner, how much I like my job.  So I say that: "I know i'm not supposed to tell you that.. Am I?  I'm supposed to say, 'oh! My God.. I'm exhausted! I've been working my ass off all day..  Merchandising! Pricing! Customer service in between! Phone calls in between that! Plus clean up.. Breaking down boxes..   I should get a raise and promotion!".    /I know the game, I just hate playing it.    And I can't do things I hate.  So anyway, Rick caught on..  He goes, "that's something you have to do in the corporate world..  You're not in the corporate world".   To which I can only say, "thank you Rick! And thank you Jesus!". And I promise not to go on and on again.. I know it should be on the down low with so many people miserable at their jobs.. But it is the perfect match for my personality and skill set.. Everything: from sticking price tags on to data entry to creative merchandising and the upcoming arts/crafts addition..   And just recently a mom friend I visited with at my son's baseball game asked me if I also liked the people I work with.  "I hit the lottery on that one" I said.. Because I like, respect, admire every.single.person. in both stores..  Enjoy their company AND learn from their experience/talent..  Highly collaborative, way cool people..   "Thank you Jesus!" -amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home