Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I AM A UTILITARIAN (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Perhaps it might be more accurate to say, 'use-a-tarian'.  -because I do believe in the value of beauty.. -using- beautiful things to enhance and elevate our environments.  That is, you can't -use- a painting to pour milk or turn on the electricity, but it can and does serve many other purposes.. Maybe a 'purpose-a-tarian'.   Maybe that's what I am..  I'll describe; you decide:

I have nothing, not one thing, against great wealth or outrageously expensive luxurious material things..  I see that gifted Individuals had to use their Imaginations, design, create, manufacture, improve/evolve..  Make manifest things which take enormous amounts of time, effort, energy, collaboration (I am against exploitation) .. Creativity, perseverance, on and on, etc. Etc:   and if and when those material things are actually USED; enjoyed; employed in some way..   I believe in that.   It is when people have multiple homes that sit empty... When we have so many people in great need... It is when people have cars, boats, airplanes.. That are just sitting there and never get used... When we have so many people in need...   I'm thinking now of my table top piano poem..  I myself have no sense of entitlement; no resentment toward financial success for anyone, whether it was earned or inherited..  But what does consistently make me uneasy inside is..  The unused material things.  There is no desire in me to take from the rich anything they are actually using, and give to the poor.  -but there is a great desire in me to inspire the rich to let go of anything they are not using..  And give that to someone who will use it; or sell that and be charitable with the money...  -for things that are just sitting there.. Never used, enjoyed or employed..   Dear rich people of the world: in this circumstance, you lose nothing; only gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home