Monday, March 31, 2014

BANK ROBBERY & THE GOSPELS as considered by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Now, It was very late in the game before I realized, -and only because I was directly told, that the gospels: matthew, mark, Luke & john.. Were each eyewitness testimonies to Jesus presence in the world..  4 different peoples points of view about the same person..Jesus.   Oh! I re-read them with great interest after learning that.   -this past sunday, pastor mike spoke on the very topic. "Don't apparent inconsistencies in the Bible demonstrate that it is not reliable?"

Well, I leaned over and whispered in my daughters ear... 

"..the bank robbery.  -you've got my memories, sue-sue's memories, and Steve's memories..  Same bank robbery. 3 different perspectives based on where we were..  There are several discrepancies!  -but i'll tell you what I know for sure.. And so will anyone who reads the stories

-there WAS a bank robbery.

In this way..  I don't get hung up at all about discrepancies in the gospels between matthew, mark, Luke & john..

What I know from reading, and believing: "there WAS a Jesus here on earth.."

our bank robbery eye witness testimonies, written many years after the event, are here in my blog under a post called shady characters.

Fascinating to me on many levels...  Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home