Sunday, September 29, 2013

NOTES ON THE SIDE by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Reconciling divine intervention with laws of free will /spiritual power vs. Physical/mental../religion vs. Relationship/our internal "knowing" compass.. Culture reaping what it sows...re-reading new testament with different set of questions: -and on more than one occasion I have seen people on Santa Rita with big anti abortion signs.. "abortion stops a beating heart..". -something of that nature.. And I keep considering creating a sign of equal size which reads, "God loves & forgives". -& setting up camp next to them. And I am most grateful for the direction, the new direction, Pope Francis is leading his sheep.. Toward helping the poor and needy and away from Ostrasizing pro-choice, pro-contraceptives, and pro gay marriage groups. I don't think this is true of all catholic churches or congregations or individual members.. But certainly mass media has decided to grab onto these three hot topics -to the exclusion of almost anything else- and position the catholic church in one corner, and pit them against... /other notebook: official member of pen women.. Gratitude to Charlotte Severin.. And had the luncheon in the most beautiful backyard.. Literally transformed in its presence.. The gardens! Canopy of greens, -the trees, the plants, the variety of flowers.. And the hummingbirds! So many of them.. I confess to how easily I was distracted and how I dreamed of sneaking back alone... Just me, a good book in that garden. The hostess joked about how her husband said she couldn't cook.. But she is the one who created and maintains this incredible patch of paradise.. If that was the only thing she did, she already far exceeded the greatest meal.. But, her husband prepared most of our lunch and it was delicious! So I just took it in: how I could see love in the garden, and taste love in the meal.. And it brought back that bible passage to me.. How if you do anything, but it is without love; doesn't much matter. (my spin on the passage, of course), but no matter what you do (whether it's in the yard, the kitchen, a classroom, workplace.. Anywhere/anything/anyone.. When it's accomplished with love.. You can always tell; you can feel it, see it, taste it, sense it... Be uplifted by it.. But, scientifically measure it? Quantify it? I don't believe love can be quantified it can only be experienced and shared.. Ah, and what is God? But love... So let us pose the debate question from earlier post a new way: Does science refute love? /this might be called, in today's colloquial terms, a, 'no brainer'. -pun intended.
#charlotteseverin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home