Wednesday, November 28, 2012

THREE MORE THINGS by me! sandra, tvgp

ONE: these days.. cameras everywhere.. i'm certain i'm being taped at my worst without my permission or knowledge, but every once in a while, i think

"oh! i hope you got that..."

because there are lots of moments i don't have a camera or video, but wish like heck i did

and the other night is a prime example. if i had this on camera i'd be watching it write now.. posting it on youtube and sending it to all my friends and family and total strangers around the world

because there we were, the three of us.. my son, daughter and myself, all snuggling on the pull- out-of-the-couch bed, watching something on tv.. (which was only on when they were here)

and some suspicious noise escapes my daughter's body

and my son, with a little giggle, says to his sister, "eewwww, what was that?! did you just fart?"

and my daughter, with a little giggle of her own, says to her brother, "NO! -that was my throat."

and i, with a giggle they've both given me, said, "eeewwww! you farted out of your throat -that's gross!"

and then they were gone. from slight, embarrassed giggle to full blown out laughter.

and so i added on

"taryn.. my God honey.. go brush your teeth"

and then their full blown out hard, loud laughter went to the next level.. which is when they laugh so hard you can't hear them anymore..

you can only watch them double over, grab at their stomachs and wipe tears from their eyes.

"mommy... stop it! you're making me cry!" jack said, once he could breathe

and i nearly had to apply cpr to my daughter she was laughing so hard, but

"i don't know...

mouth to mouth isn't sounding too good write now"

and that made a great thing worse, and we must have belly laughed together for 15 minutes straight.

and i want to remember it for always. -because love is the miracle; and laughter is the magic.

i believe.


****


TWO: i'm at the very, ultra-crowded stoneridge mall at macy's making a christmas gift purchase and sliding my card and typing in my supposedly secret pin number

which anyone standing within 5 feet can easily see

and i get that uneasy feeling. just a few too many people.. just a few too many, "excuse me" bumps from passersby

and so i take my ziplock bag.. which has my license, bank card, cash, social security number, blood type and diary.. out of my handmade moni-bag and place it in my jacket pocket.

and what a great intuitive idea that turned out to be because by the time i got to the next store, and next counter for a purchase

my purse was G-O-N-E -gone.

i could not believe my luck. they got an empty handmade bag. i had all my loot.

and i pictured the scene on my drive home... a group of thugs all putting their collective steals for the day in a pile.. only one guy says, "this bag was empty"

and they say, "yeah, write.." and don't believe him.. don't trust him.. and a big fight ensues

so merry christmas to me! and bah humbug to you!

but now i'll have to place a new order for one from monique dear..

who i would have seen/ordered from had we had our good neighbor's boutique this year, darn it..

http://mygirlybag.weebly.com/the-moni-behind-the-bag.html

"need a new moni~bag!"



THREE: -can't remember #3.

5 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger kimonog1rl said...

Wow Sandra! Our mothers were right again! You should always listen to your insticts. The purse theif got back said "Hey I got a great gift for my girlfriend a handmade unique bag." A new ad campaign for me " Monibag so Funky and stylish they just might steal it off your shoulder." (smile) Sorry that happen but do't worry Sandra anytime I will make you a new one any size and color and send it to you. Just let me know. Thanks for the mention on your blog. I wish it happwn another way but thankfully you didn't loose any of your personal things. Happy new year Moni (owner/designer of Monibag)

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger SHE said...

moni!: great to hear from you..

and funny/sad/true.. stole it write off my shoulder

it was the gorgeous one about 3/4 black, and 1/4 brown, with beautiful beads hanging from the bottom

and -as you say- wish it happened another way,

but look foward to seeing your new designs and selecting a beautiful replacement

happy new year friend! love to you & yours, ~s.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Dogmom said...

THAT SUCKS! One word....KARMA! I am such a believer....what comes around goes around. I'm sorry that happened...but, glad you were prepared! My grandma would say (if she were here) "shame on that poor misguided soul...."

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger SHE said...

sue-sue: points for following intuition.. and, although i miss my moni bag.. i think it's down write funny they found a bunch of big fat nothin' inside

karma indeed! -and a little love prayer to your nana

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger SHE said...

Another re-release; original of this post 01/01/2009. Today's re-releases all inspired during conversations last night with jack, taryn and toree at the Dublin I-hop... Where we celebrated toree's drivers permit... And everyone's good grades report cards... And taryns first job, and life in general

And here we go again... How technology today/computers serve as the greatest analogies for life...

Because hyperlinks work in conversation the same way you see them in Wikipedia for example...

One word or phrase links to another memory... Another memory... A side-conversation...

And just like when you're reading Wikipedia... If you click on every hyperlink that can potentially show up...

You can lose track of the original content you sought..

Lost in side stories...

Because one hyperlink can lead to another section with hyperlinks... On and on

So you have to choose selectively along the way

For talking or reading...

And in both instances... If a side story passes you by... You can always backtrack and then...

-there were so many memories triggered in that one conversation last night...

But the stand outs were island of the blue dolphins and the fart out of your mouth stories...

And all i have to remember is a few key words to put in my search bar...


And the rest of the memory magically appears....

"Jesus! I will never stop thanking you for blogs..."

/God works through people....

Amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home