Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY CHILDREN'S CHILDHOODS! (me!) Sandra, tvgp

There is a long list of people and experiences I'm grateful for... But I want to highlight this one: how grateful I am that both of my children have had, and are having, -wonderful childhoods. It was one of my prayers from long ago... I meet so many people that didn't have (aren't having) a true childhood, a good childhood, for one reason or another.. Forced by a parents death, or war, or poverty, or alcoholism/addiction, or some set of ugly circumstances, into early adulthood... Forced to take on adult level responsibilities at very young ages... I think there is a universal feeling, desire, agreement... Hope: that kids be allowed to be kids. When I look through our family photo albums..there are a million "thank you Jesus!" moments...and not just the obvious ones from vacations... But so many simple ones.. Their smiles at a local park on swings.. Cartwheels on the grass... Lemonade stands... School room birthday parties, making art..dancing to the music channel on tv... Drawing on the sidewalk with colored chalk...swimming with friends.. Years they've been allowed to be kids.. And not preoccupied with heavy burdens or grand concerns or terrible fears.. Years they've lived with a sense of safety and security.. A place to call home.. A caring neighborhood... Wonderful schools and teachers.. it is a beautiful thing to witness. I pray it for the whole world... Kids allowed to be kids...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home