Friday, October 12, 2012

AMELIA'S! BEST DELI & BISTRO IN DOWNTOWN PLEASANTON! by (me!) sandra, ttgp




























































thank you amelia! vinith! antonio!


-they had such a busy lunch crowd.. then it settled down, and it being memorial day, at

2'0 clock they closed.


but bless their hearts.. they reopened for me. ~ served me up my favorite, favorite, vegetarian on their fresh, house-baked dutch crunch bread; made to order.. my special request.. what i call the lady-like version


let me describe.. you see.. and i'm sure there are plenty of women out there who will agree with me.. we want the delicious sandwich, we do. we want the fresh bread, all the fresh produce, the avocado, jack cheese, cucumbers, spinach, red peppers, sprouts, tomatoes, lettuce, onions


just.. less of it. before they got to know me.. before i specifically described my lady-like request, i think the sandwiches i ordered must of stood some 6" tall. -how is any self-conscious woman supposed to wrap her mouth around that a) without cracking her jaw and b) without drawing unnecessary attention from that good-looking man over there


i dont' mind opening my mouth wide.. but not that


W


I


D


E



not in public



if you know what i mean. i'm happy to pay full price for less ingredients when i can eat well without embarrassing myself. and so.. to sweet, wonderful amelia, and the very kind and accomadating antonio.. i say THANK YOU! because your deli sandwiches are the best i've ever tasted!


and, oh goodness, no.. i am not a vegetarian; don't be fooled. i just LOVE that sandwich. but i can testify for the blt's too. i give them the triple my! my! my!


and i think rachel ray would be pretty impressed, because i pay around $10... that's for a sandwich, drink, dessert & tip in the karma jar -BUT- it lasts two meals. look at that sandwich! even my special made lady like version is too much for one meal..


so i eat half sandwich, half brownie for lunch... half sandwich, half brownie for dinner.


AND i can't conclude this post without mentioning how welcome my kids are made to feel when they are with me at amelia's.. as if they were family


AND.. i just found out today, amelia's prepares picnics for our concerts in the park on fridays, which start this week i think.. ! ...


thanks again amelia! you're the best! http://www.ameliasdeli.com


~sandra kay, ttgp



p.s. -and just in case anyone is wondering what book i have with me in the picture, it is leonard stegmann's third book: a year on planet mercury. and it is very fun, smile, laugh-out-loud reading.. but if you don't have time to read the whole thing, just read page 276 25 times in a row like i have..






4 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger FLRXMAN said...

hmm, what happend to my comment, I guess the internet gods did not like my referance to opening wide like a lady in a victorian romance novel. It was pretty damn good.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger SHE said...

8": -left then to our imaginations, which is why those romance novels are as popular as they are...

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger SHE said...

original post 5/26/2008

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger SHE said...

original post 5/26/2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home