Monday, July 23, 2012

EVEN WHEN IM WRONG, IM WRITE by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I am registered an independent. (" surprise! "). So, sometimes vote democratic, sometimes not. I don't vote according to party loyalty, I vote based on.... Well, let me explain why I voted for Arnold Schwarzenegger back in whatever year that was. "-What a life resume! That man had.". His parents were immigrants, and no strangers to hardship and poverty. That meant, to me.. Arnold had direct life experience and exposure to the issues that surround immigration/poverty. But! they thrived in the united states.. That meant that Arnold also had direct experience and understanding of the hope America offered -he, himself had achieved the "American dream" via, not entitlement or blessings of heritage, but old fashioned hard work. -great start. Add on, arnolds success in Hollywood which gave him direct life experience with big business, big money, power-players, lawyers, contracts, fame, etc. Those extremes by themselves -experiencing both poverty & great wealth, fame- are only experienced by a very small population of people on the planet. His success = world travels, which adds enormously to anyone's life resume in terms of enriching perspective and! then he falls in love with/marries a democrat. this meant for me, in addition to his already pretty amazing and rare life experiences with both poverty and success, he had life exposure -daily- of both democratic and republican points of view... Not saturated in one camp or the other which tends to breed dogma. When I watched him being interviewed I came to believe he had a) a genuine love/appreciation for the united states. B) a genuine love for California c) unique/practical insights into both big business and the everyday blue collar workers D) a true passion for politics. /which... Well, I still marvel at the fact that ANYONE wants these jobs. He certainly wasn't running for office for the money... And he didn't need fame/power.. In fact, from my observations, personal power is often lost, not gained, when you move from the business to the political arena.. When I added all his life experience up.. The exposures to so many different people, places, ideas and extremes, ..someone who had achieved success.. Who cared about our state, our country.. Who could navigate the attention, manipulations, personalities, stumbling blocks.. I was swayed. -in the wrong direction. Filed under votes I regret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home