Friday, July 06, 2012

Emphasis on "FALL" by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

Jokingly

At least it better be jokingly...

My son tells me his life moto is, "cheaters always win."

After I hit him on the head with a bread stick, and he asked me mine, I said, "you know... God first. Everything else will fall into place."    /emphasis on fall.

But my favorite memory on the subject is one you've heard before and is well worth repeating: what grade was my son in? 1st, 2nd? When he told me he was being kicked and hit by some kid during recess.

"what did you do?" I asked with great concern. /simultaneously plotting our towns next homicide.

 "well," he said, "I kicked and hit him back!"

Then he followed by saying, "and that was the write thing to do, write mommy. The golden rule"

I said, "How is that the golden rule?"

And so sincerely he said, "do unto others as they have done unto you."


-permanent place in my favorite memories file.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home