Monday, July 09, 2012

3.7 EARTHQUAKE: EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED (me!) writeousmom

so, i happened across nova's, hubble's amazing rescue, on pbs last night, and was glued within the first 3 minutes

i went downstairs -and even though i knew i didn't stand a chance against the new, sonic the hedgehog, playstation 3 video game, i asked my son anyway

"wanna come watch this amazing show about the hubble with me?"

defeated, i went back upstairs. passed my daughter in the hallway bathroom trimming her own bangs

"wanna come watch this amazing show about the hubble with me?"

and you don't have to be a space-station engineer to figure out i ended up write back where i started: alone.

but i passed my sister on the solo journey back to my room. she was watching babe with her daughter. i stuck my head inside the room and said,

"one day my children WILL watch pbs with me!" in a loud whisper. then carried on.

plopped myself back on the daybed and

KABOOM!

house shook back n' forth one big time, and next thing you know, both my kids are by my side.

we talked briefly about the earthquake -guessing its magnitude -what to do in the event of a larger/longer one...

but then,

there we were: all 3 of us snuggled together watching hubble's amazing rescue.

i glanced to the heavens with a silent thank you

and was glued again.

4 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Kathy Cordova said...

LOVE it! Amazing! You have a powerful mind, Sandra!

xo,
Kathy

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger SHE said...

miracle mom: great to hear from you. thanks! -and they did love the program once God got them properly seated

xo write back to you! ~s.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Kelly Pollard said...

Amazing how natural occurances like earthquakes bring us together. Nice!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger SHE said...

hi kelly!: great point -and i think that's why we call her "mother" nature love, ~s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home