Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Sanity Plea -se. by (me!) sandra, tvgp

the end of December ='s inventory at work.. 2 to 3 days of it, which, only after genetics, is the leading cause of baldness.  the beginning of January ='s, the packing up and putting away of all Christmas products, décor and displays.  this is very similar to moving.. and involves many, many, cardboard boxes..

anything reminiscent of moving is just..

but add on, that the Christmas items getting packed away must also be inventoried.

it is a marathon of monotony and I think sometimes I might just be losing my mind.

yesterday:

flesh  "you could just keep walking …    to the parking lot...   get in your jeep and go..."

holy spirit  "or you could continue toward the warehouse and get the job done"

and so I went to the warehouse and got more of the job done.

and I was thinking silently to myself     /the word silently is necessary here, because I do sometimes think out loud

, I was thinking..   I was briefly proud of myself for my new level of endurance for the monotonous and how much I had already accomplished toward the greater goal

inventory -check/done!  it is behind me, like satan…

and packing Christmas..    the lions share is done! check!

by end of day tomorrow it will be behind me too

and then,

in that very moment, i saw a flash vision of my W-2 in my minds eye, and heard a whisper in my minds ear

Tax Season.

and I had to laugh

out loud.

which appeared to my co-worker, just passing by, rather odd.  

/there she is again, all by herself, -laughing...


        -think she might be losing her mind

***

it is in fact, a great team effort..   taking down, dis-assembling, organizing, running inventory tapes, labeling, packing, storing       -and I am blessed to work with dedicated co-workers, all in and on board to get the job done   -write.

TEAM ALDEN
thank you Jesus  -amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home