Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Speaking of Jesus... (me!) sandra, tvgp

not as frequently as I used to, but more frequently than I would ever wish to

I find myself in the presence

within earshot,

or in direct conversation

with a fast talker.

I do not use the word fast here with the definition of speed/words per minute

but rather colloquially

a fast talker..  a bullshitter…  a manipulator..   a great debater, but skilled for win, not truth.   an influencer, persuader  -but again, for the win; for selfish gain; not for truth

the skilled salesperson  -making the sale/profit without any regard for proper match between consumer and product

the academic with a superiority complex  -not using knowledge to help teach/grow a person, but rather to demonstrate how much more educated they are than another   -using knowledge to belittle someone, and exalt themselves

the jealous and insecure  -with a verbal skill for marginalizing the accomplishments of others..

I could go on

it has to do with motivations/intentions   /which I also awe at...

but,

of the many, many, many qualities I love about Jesus

Jesus was not a fast talker.

Jesus was not a sales personality type.

Jesus was not a scholar with a superiority complex.

Jesus was not belittling anyone to make himself look better in the eyes of others or to boost his own ego or marginalize anyone elses accomplishments

and we are living in a world now where -follow- is a very important word

how many people 'follow' you
who do you 'follow'

popularity is falsely being associated/correlated with actual human value/self worth..

one of the benefits of being in my 50's write now, and not a tween, teen or young adult

is that I already know better

and I could not care less about how many people 'follow' me

and I am very grateful and proud to follow Jesus.


-amen.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home