Wednesday, March 14, 2018

MUSIC by MESSAGE by/for (me!) sandra, tvgp

as I have mentioned before  -write now, music radio stations are organized by sound   -not message.

so, country music has a sound unique to its genre we can all recognize; as does rap, as does r&b, as does classic rock, classical, heavy metal, punk, gospel, opera,  broadway musicals etc.

and on the occasions ive asked, and been asked, "what type of music do you like"

we answer according to  -sound-     not message.

but!

if I could create a new way to organize music and music radio stations, it would most definitely be

BY MESSAGE.      the message inside the lyrics.

ive already written about it..    true love songs; my definition..  and how hard they are to come by

and how, when radio stations say "love songs"  you could be listening to a break up song, a lust song, an apology song...    

what they call a love song, and what I call a love song...  two very different things!

***

so, yesterday, I was listening to music while doing a cleaning/organizing project, and my access to music for the day was Pandora

and, I may choose, via Pandora, artists and genres..    but not  -message-   not, the content of the lyrics I want to be listening to

and, for the project I was working on..   I needed a certain energy, which comes from the beat or melody

and inspiration, which comes from  -MESSAGE/LYRICS.     positive, of love..   of good things

and, sure enough..

a break up song comes on...    and I don't want to listen to that, so I click on thumbs down; skip.

then, a lying/cheating song comes on...       click thumbs down; I don't want to listen to that..

then, a 'if I had a second chance..."      thumbs down.

then, at last!   a wonderful love song.     and I can be very productive during love songs; true love songs.

but it got me to wonderin'...     /again.

on the receiving end of the programming associated with Pandora; when I click thumbs down..

what  -message- are they receiving from me, their customer, and how are they

interpreting, or misinterpreting that feedback.

because I may indeed love the artist, and the genre

my thumbs down is to THE LYRICS.

and I offered before, and offer again...  i'd make a great radio station music editor.

and, my dream radio station has a very wide variety of genres;

a very wide variety of artists

but, the common denominator, instead of being sound/genre, the common denominator is THE MESSAGE inside the country, or soul, or classic rock, or gospel, or metal, or alternative, or opera, or jazz, or rap, or easy listening..  Christian...

that would be awesome.

and, KLOVE, Christian radio station..    this is close to the experience, because, it is music by message, with a bit of a spectrum when it comes to sound..    but, a short spectrum.     -that message, inside all kinds of different sounds/genres..    wow to that.

but,

I'm a fan of secular love songs and styles..  or inspirational..  

I should start creating a list..

and have already mentioned   -projecting Jesus, into the song by james Morrison, under the influence of you..    that's fun.

but, since..   well, I could listen to Foreigners feels like the first time over and over again write now.. and/or feelin' good by nina simone...    good to be alive, by andy grammar...    always & forever..   at last...  ascenscions don't ever wonder, stevie wonder, ribbon in the sky..    one eskimo, amazing, too close..   if I don't have you/Alicia keys..

  and if I were a song-writer..    the beat would be as sexy/seductive as pony/Ginuwine, but the lyrics would be..  

/i'm working on them write now...


"Thank You Jesus!"   -for the human instinct of music-making..   and romance...  and true love.

hallelujah & amen.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home