Thursday, March 01, 2018

SONG of SANDRA by (me!) ~tops










do you remember..   how I laughed out loud..  the first time I read song of Solomon..

how, -that ooey gooey love..  
and, what was considered a compliment; I found it hilarious..

romantic love is quite entertaining that way.

and now, 

well, 

we all take turns:

and much greater women and men than me have tried and stumbled
but, 



I just have to give it a go; try and tell you what it       ~feels~   like:

Song of Sandra

2.   it does not feel like we are slowly falling in love with each other.  it feels like we loved each other instantly, but only slowly, over time, can we trust and believe...

1.  it feels like:  we were crazy about each other from the start..  and if you could fast-forward; in 3 years and 3 months, we are still crazy about each other, and in 5 years and 5 months, we are still crazy about each other, and in 9 years and 9 months, we are still crazy about each other, and every 12 years and 12 months after that.

3.  and feels like a school girl crush:   like, I look into his eyes, and oh no..  I can see all the way into his secrets, his promises, his truths and hopes and dreams;  there is nothing shallow about this man..i can go very deep                -and, my God, don't smile at me like that..    I just go under!  and I tell Jesus..  every day I get to see that smile, be around that smile, inspire that sexy smile "thank you!"

his voice..   my favorite! I could listen in person, over the phone..    and I tell Jesus...  every day that I get to hear his voice, be around that voice, inspire conversation... "thank you!"

his laugh...  my favorite!  and I tell Jesus..  every day that I get to hear that laugh, be around that laugh, inspire that laugh..   "thank you!"

his birthday suit... my favorite!   and I ask Jesus..  "what have I been doing to deserve?!?  please help me keep doing it!"

/and speaking of doing it...     the taste of his skin!

my favorite!    and his cooking...    and how he coaches me in the kitchen..   and his dancing..

obviously I could go on and on..

as I pray we do:  go on and on..

growing together, slowly learning to trust and believe in what is already there:

LOVE.   ~of the very romantic, and full of surprises kind.

and, one time, 

after a beautiful day together, and beautiful night..    he whispered to me, "It's real." and, 

"You're Real."      and he said that stands for:  Robert's Everlasting Amazing Love.

***

and we are both in our 50's, please remember

and we have both been in and out of romantic love before; we know the signs and symptoms..

but

we both agree:    every romantic relationship/marriage/close-call prior to the one we are experiencing write now:    

well, my instinct would be to say, "there is no comparing"

but,  -it is only because we now have this relationship to compare the others to..     that we can clearly know, the others; the priors

  -perhaps it is because, we ourselves were not ready/mature enough/educated enough/healthy and whole enough prior to our 50's..

but, 

each of us has been rescued and restored   -and this is not, two broken hearts trying to fit, somehow, together

but two whole, healed hearts;  -multiplied to the power of one.

yes..

/and speaking of yes..

it is the first spell he cast upon me..    the YES spell

"would you like to dance?"


 and since that first dance, and first yes

now,    -before he can even ask the entire question, or finish a request, or make a suggestion..

"yes."

and isn't it just the best word in the entire English, verbal and non-verbal language:

yes.


especially when it is loudly whispered in a repetitive fashion..

Song of Sandra,  inspired by Robert, my sexy..        "yes...  Yes....  YES!"

do I hear a HAL-LAY-YOU-YA & AMEN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home