Wednesday, November 22, 2017

words are things.. by (Dr Maya Angelou!) as heard/understood by (me!) sandra, tvgp

I have the quote verbatim somewhere... but for now..

what she said, if I may paraphrase..  

she believed that words were things..     -things..       not invisible, evaporating into the air and oblivion as and/or after they are spoken,

but words as things, that seep into your hair, and the furniture, and your clothes, and the walls...

***

I believe it too.   words are things.   they each hold power...   strong, neutral, weak...  a spectrum; but each and every word holds, carries, transmits, spiritual power

every spoken word; every written word; every word thought...

and when you believe this, understand words this way.. as I do;   then you start to do personal inventories..

what words am I using? reading? speaking? hearing?   -on an hour to hour, daily.. weekly.. ongoing basis

and,

I am very selective exactly because I realize that what Dr Maya Angelou said and taught, all those years ago..

is true.


ephesians 4:29

hallelujah & amen



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home