Friday, November 17, 2017

The coolest things that (charly!) said -as heard by (me!) sandra, tvgp


sometimes someone will say something during a conversation, or in passing

and it hits me the same way a beautiful sentence, or paragraph does when i'm reading

    -in a way that makes me hunt and grab a highlighter,  -make sure I re-read it write then

and can find it easily again later

***

someone this time was charly

and these favorite things she said..    they took place in two different conversations, and several months ago, at this point

but I remember

I will remember these for a long time:


1.     about her boyfriend, she said, "I get to feel more like myself when i'm with him, than I do when i'm all by myself..."

there is so much tucked in there...    and it cerebral hyperlinks to the newspaper clipping in my scrapbook, the e.e. cummings quote    -which I must have read/clipped/saved from the late 1970's or early 80's

I don't have time to go on and on...  but,   I do wonder, how far back and by how many poets, writers, scholars has this struggle been identified and articulated using different words?

to know when you are being yourself..    when you can be yourself..
                the understanding of who that is exactly, and the liberty to be it..

is this a permanent challenge for humanity?  for each individual?  or relative to cultures..  families..  societies..  the times...

but we sure do have a common denominator when it comes to how rewarding, wonderful, comfortable, peaceful, joyful it is      "I get to be myself"   "and I can just be myself around this person..."

and, as it has been already identified..
and the rewards are as great as they are..

shouldn't we each work on it; toward it from an earlier age...

               life!   the free indeed kind of liberty and, the pursuit of

 relationships, places, circumstances, environments that let us just be ourselves...




***

and then,  2. on a different day.. when we worked side by side helping sue with one of her, ultra awesome, over the top, children's birthday parties at the nursery

when we were walking enroute..   passing one row of gorgeous plants after another, 

charly, who is one of our horticulturists, 

she said, "if the little girl me could have known that she was going to get to do this for a living..

she would have been very happy."


***

you can't use a highlighter on verbal conversations...

but you can use your blog!

***

In Jesus, my Bible is full of many pink, yellow, and double underlined scriptures, name

amen.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home