Saturday, December 17, 2016

CURRENCY & CALENDARS -by (me!) sandra, tvgp


ON a hilltop, driving east on 580 into Pleasanton passersby can see, very clearly, very beautifully, letters that read:

JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.

-having just written about how busy people become in December, and how being over-busy taxes our memories, and causes us to forget things..

well, here I AM with a friendly reminder:   not only is Jesus the Reason for the Season,

Jesus is the reason for,

well, when you flipped your paper calendar to the month of December    /for those of us who still have paper calendars

  -or for those of you exclusively using digital/internet devices,   -when you clicked..

or actually, sometimes you do not even need to lift your finger at all... the current date is updated automatically,

the point I'm trying to make however, is that, Jesus is the reason for our calendar!   The time/date system we are all using

   -ALL- as in, seculars, faith-filled, agnostics, atheists,  -younger/older   -poorer/richer    -republican/democrat, etc

the time/date system we are ALL using every single day is itself based on the birth of Jesus Christ;   -Son of God.

and, ALL of us,   -ALL-  as in, seculars, faith-filled, agnostics, atheists,  -younger/older   -poorer/richer    -republican/democrat, etc.

WE are ALL, here in the UNITED States of America using currency which reads:

IN GOD WE TRUST

Every single bill or coin,  be it $5, or $100, be it a penny, dime or nickel..    We are exchanging currency daily which reads:

IN GOD WE TRUST.

Now, the next point I want to make, is that:  Well, I'm pretty certain cash is on its way out..

I don't mean out of our pockets/wallets..  that's obvious..

I mean on its way out, as in,   -like manual typewriters, which you only find now in museums.

and how quickly this will happen, I'm not certain,  -things are moving pretty fast these days

in 5 more years?   15?   

but, as we transition away from paper currency and coins which currently read

IN GOD WE TRUST

Well, I was kind of looking at other forms of paying for things recently, like credit cards, ATM/Debit cards, Coupons, Store-Specific Cash,

and, I'm not seeing that message on any other forms of currency....

but personally, my trust is not in credit card companies or banks or retail stores, and my trust is not in money.

it really is IN GOD that I trust...

   -you?


"Merry Christmas!   Everyone...     & Amen!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home