Wednesday, October 07, 2015

He Is A God of Few Words. as heard by (me!) sandra, tvgp

one of those things I've wanted for a long time to do, but still have not done, is just go through Kathy Cordova's book, and a few of my books about the lives of Saints, and just highlight.. Exclusively highlight, in a specific way, what words people have described hearing God say to them..

without research and by recollection and personal experience alone:

Our God IS a God of few words..  vs. A God of non-stop conversation/explanation.   I offer two examples to make my point.

Solanus Casey in his book says God told him to "Go to Detroit."

Joyce Meyer says God told her, 'go east, west, north, south'

-that alone made me want to revisit Kathy's book, among others..  See if there was a pattern..  of brevity.

But I'm about to add on my own similar experience,  -because what I heard God say to me very recently was:

"I was there."

and now trust me..  I was hoping for much more..  I'm still waiting and still trying to process..  

But it is very clear to me God is having me revisit my life when I was in my early 20's..    because how many people/memory triggers in a concentrated amount of time..  I know not to ignore or dismiss this kind of thing..

So in prayer, I've been asking..  'What do you want me to know? learn? Understand?'

And very clearly I heard God say..  "I was there."

and God said absolutely nothing else, despite my praying for more..

***

it is in fact a very important spiritual lesson:  in your good times, in your bad times, in your joy and in your suffering

You are never alone.   -ever. 

So many people I talk to want the presence of God to = the absence of suffering.  

'How can there be a loving God if...  /suffering variable here.

but rather I have learned and come to understand and appreciate, free will = inclusion of suffering
love = you are never alone. God is with you..  comforting/healing..

patient, compassionate,

God is with us ALWAYS; ALL WAYS

***

I'm combining this recent experience + Oprah's super soul sunday interview with the remarkable time lapse nature photographer..Louie schwartzberg

In which we see God as not only a synonym for love, and truth.. But Nature.  Living energy..

and that triggered the memory of me on my nature walk a couple years back when through prayer I was invited to make 'I am' statements, like:

I am Sandra. I am a daughter. I am a mom. I am a sister. I am a friend. I am creative. I am an employee..    etc. Etc.

and God communicated to (me!):

I am God. I am love. I am peace. I am you. I am that tree...

***

and it was that experience that allowed me to graduate from a vague understanding of God as all things.. To a deep understanding.

Omnipresent.  God is eternal love; peace; truth; energy; spirit; life itself; everywhere at once, without beginning or end..

There is no place God isn't..  If you will.

In Jesus name,  -amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home