Sunday, October 04, 2015

Herein Lies The Danger.. as seen by (me!) sandra, tvgp

k. upshot:

my bank account gets tapped by the FTB.. and as I live on the financial edge, this causes a negative balance; overdraft fees and ultimately I had to close my checking account because of the financial hemorrhage..    -this is not where my primary concern lies.. 

THIS is:  

without a checking account, I had to obviously stop direct deposit from my employer, and receive a good old fashion paycheck on paper instead..

I take my good old fashioned paycheck on paper to

-pay close attention here please:

..to my employers bank;   -the very bank where my employer has his funds..   to cash it.

Not only is this the very bank of my employer, but! it is the same bank I personally go to, a couple times a week, on behalf of my employer, to get change for the store and/or make deposits.

Upshot:  they KNOW me..   they KNOW

1. Ricks picks has an account there
2. I work for Ricks Picks..

they've seen me several, several times..   Weve had multiple conversations..

now, -I go in to cash my check. " -from my employer who has an account there!".   -and we already know, my check is not some large amount of money at risk of throwing the bank financial status in any kind of turmoil..

But they CANNOT and WILL NOT cash the check

even though ricks picks has an account there... and they KNOW I work for Ricks picks..

Apparently the system will not allow them to cash my check unless I have an I.D. they can scan, and plus they need a fingerprint, and plus even with all that, because I personally don't have an account there, the charge $5 to cash the check..

My concern is this:   any time you have computerized systems in place that do not allow humans to use their own judgement and override..

we are digging our own graves in the name of over-precaution.  the ultimate decisions when it comes to

banking, healthcare, grocery shopping..  long list..

but ultimate decisions should still and always be made by humans not machines.  -when common sense and/or unique circumstances are entirely blocked..  

So.. that just seemed ridiculous to me..  that despite ricks picks having an account there..and for a good long time..

and despite them KNOWING.. not guessing, that I work there..

that because I did not have my license on me.. I had to be driven all the way back home to get it..

Drive all the way back to the bank...

And! Give my fingerprint and Get charged $5 to cash the old fashioned paper check..

it is so sad...  

pathetic really. 

***   my good news is that I should have my tax debts paid off in full by my 50th bday.   Woo hoo...

and,  may I confess that it is kind of exciting, -not having a checking account or a debit card and using only cash..

I feel so off the trackable grid..

"Ha! Now no one will know I just bought two tacos at jack in the box at 11:59am..."

-this secret is safe with (me!)...

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger SHE said...

Worth noting, we are talking about the manager not being able to override the system; not a new entry level employee..

and I think we want to make sure people are running the machines vs. Being run by the dictates of machines..

they were initially designed to help, not hinder.. if I'm remembering correctly..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home