Monday, September 28, 2015

A taste of my own medicine.. (me!) WriteousMom

my reputation is well known..  not writeousmom, not fun & exciting mom, not way cool mom..

-boring mom.   because how many times did my children want to do something interesting/exciting/adventurous.. 

but i forced them to do something educational/cultural..

"not again mom..  come on.. we'll be the only teenagers! its gonna be all old people and us.."

"No.. This is for whole families! I promise! It'll be really fun, you'll see.."

-and of course..  they were the only teenagers. it was only interesting for me, and they did nothing but wait for it to come to end..

***

meanwhile their dad is taking them and all their friends on boat rides, tubing, knee-boarding...

***

so anyway..   the colleges have created a clever way to wean the parents away from their beloved children, and the opportunities were as follows:

a brew crawl to visit the local pubs in the area. ("I love handcrafted beers!"). 

a wine stroll to do tastings at the local wineries ("I love going wine tasting!)

-horseback riding along the coast. (I love the coast!)

But as it turns out..   -something to do with either

1. signing up too late, or
2. children's revenge

I did not visit the breweries, or the wineries, or see the coast. 

; no..  

I was instead on the library/cultural tour.   envisioning all the other parents drinking beer, or tasting wine.. galloping along the gorgeous coastline..

while I was staring at historically significant items attached to a board, labeled and framed.

I could literally hear my children's voices.. with hints of gratification and whispers of sarcasm..

'having fun mom?'.  

-telepathically I whispered back, 'ok we're even'

and telepathically i heard them say, 'even?!   -do you know how many of these things you dragged us too...  we have only just begun.'

***

and in truth.. i really did love the tour.

I mean, I would have loved it even more if say, -they combined the beer/wine tasting along with the visit to the library..  But still

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home