Friday, September 25, 2015

Sanctification. as experienced by (me!) sandra, tvgp

i am not 100% certain my memory is accurate here, but my memory is as follows:

the first time i heard the word sanctification   -that is, the first time i was consciously aware i heard the word; not necessarily my first exposure to it..

but the first time i recall hearing it and paying any attention, was when i was watching the movie, Rudy.  what year; no idea..

but i remember hearing it, rewinding and playing it back, and trying to figure out what it meant exactly..  

and i remember looking it up.

***

fast forward many years, and my testimony, based on my life experience, and acute awareness of all things internal:

acute awareness of my thoughts, feelings, emotions

-how they have changed and evolved over the past many years

-very, very! incrementally i might add..

but my testimony today would be:

sanctification is a very real thing. this primarily internal evolution.. where i was   -well, in crude terms:

a mess.  and unaware i was a mess.
in a pit; unaware of how deep, dark the pit was..
controlled by a variety of strongholds..

and very, very! incrementally
I became less of a mess..
lifted from the deepest, darkest pits,  -exposed to light.
delivered.. slowly, incrementally, from one stronghold and then the next..

I became exposed to and experienced: freedom, peace, happiness, joy; -all authentic..

and at least from where i stand.. None of this possible without my repetitive exposure to a variety of spiritual leaders who teach about, and in, the name of Jesus.

The mighty counselor! Prince of Peace!

and having made it this far..  and knowing i  still have an unknown amount of growth to experience ahead..

my deepest gratitude is for entering in  -and apparently being accepted,

into the sanctification process.   the internal rewards so magnificent, nothing of this materialistic world can compare.

In Jesus name!   amen & amen!

***

there is an unformed analogy here if we revisit the creative process:

Let me see if I have it memorized:

from unconsciously unconscious, to:
consciously unconscious, to
consciously conscious, to
Consciously unconscious

/I'm close... 

similar with sanctification..

You at first don't even realize you are in a pit.
then you become aware, but can't do much about it..
then you try and do things.. consciously, to get out of the pit you are now aware you are in..

and some point, in relationship with God..

you are not only out of the pit, or done with the stronghold..

but it is effortless.  you don't try or struggle

you are just...  free.

What a gift!!    and having received this gift..   I now want to also go post up signs that I've seen other people post..

who I once thought were a little off their rocker.. 

But I am one of them now:

"Follow Jesus!".   -amen.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger SHE said...

Wow.. did I ever blooper on that one. Please forgive. The correction is as follows:

Unconsciously incompetent, to
Consciously incompetent, to,
Consciously competent, to,
Unconsciously competent.

-who already knew what I meant to say... thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home