Thursday, August 13, 2015

"clinically depressed misogynist" as read by (me!) sandra, tvgp

inspiration for this post is a recent email invite by ladies from a formerly existing Monday night bible study group I belong to for a while  -I was the novice of the group.. by a lot.

and on my initial reading of Ecclesiastes I was like..  "Whoever wrote this appears by today standards to be a clinically depressed misogynist"

-as I read Ecclesiastes I kept wanting to help this guy experience some joy in his life again...

and that task seems hopeless when you have someone who insists everything, "everything is meaningless... everything is meaningless!.."

paraphrase:  this is awful, that is awful..  its all awful..  awful, awful, awful...   having money is awful.. not having money is awful...work is awful, not working is awful, people are all awful!  oh, maybe there is ONE..  one man in a million who is not totally awful... just mostly awful.. but not one woman.. ALL women are COMPLETELY awful..  -this being alive stuff.. its just awful...   hard worker/lazy ass.. no matter.. we share the same fate. we are all going to die. and be forgotten...

***

honestly, on my initial read I was like.. My God.. get this man some anti-depressants!  and are there any pharmaceuticals for bitterness?

***
so I was entertained to read and learn..  in this order as a matter of fact:   Solomon is considered one of the WISEST people in the world at the time, and.. guess who wrote Ecclesiastes..

-I scratch my head...

but upon multiple re-readings.. I get it; his points..   and I am inspired to write a parallel

-very soon, when time allows.. which explains similar points of view but from this current year of 2015..  and geographically, from the point of view of pleasanton, California..

..and! from the point of view of a nearly 50 year old female, heterosexual, left-handed, utilitarian, pro-choice, Christian, mother of two, divorced, single, living under poverty line, survivor of multiple traumas, optimistic, life time student of Joyce Meyers... etc. Etc.  

/turns out you need a lifetime of information to put someone's point of view in perspective; doesn't it....

in Jesus good name!  Amen!

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger SHE said...

we have Paul: who learned to be content in all circumstances; in plenty or in want...

and we have Solomon.. discontent in plenty... plenty of discontentments...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home