Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Public "Thank You!" to (city of pleasanton!) from (me!) sandra, tvgp

I was thinking again recently.. of how much writing has poured out of me since the invention of the blogosphere..  and how.. if you were to eliminate that..  -had it never existed; nor would thousands of my stories..    -platform first.  a safe place...   the space to create must exist first...   YouTube is another awesome example..  how much exists now that otherwise would never..  -birthing centers for creative expression; self expression;  expression in general..

that lead me to think about how many creative adventures I've had since I moved to pleasanton in.. around 1995 or so..

this is not in order; but as it comes to mind:

-creative writing workshops I taught through the city of pleasanton parks and recreation programs; at the pleasanton library; at the pleasanton poetry, prose and art festival; at the firehouse art center..

-movers & shakers:  a creative dance class for children  I co-created and taught with Kate barton at Pam's dance studio..

-good neighbors holiday boutiques, I co-founded with Virginia Lai, Patti Benson and Nancy Eddinger which rotated in the vintage hills neighborhood every Christmas season for approx. 8 years...

reflections chair -for vintage hills elementary school art show and competition, 4 or 5 years in a row..

the publication of my book(s): eat, write & exercise, -beautiful fish.. anthologies, etc.   -readings, open mics, etc.

TV30 IN A WORD & Conversations with robin fahr:  guest appearances on local TV to discuss literature; to discuss, share, the innovation of my Mag Time Frames..

Art for recess!   -supervising creativity time at vintage hills for kids who wanted to be creative instead of climb bars and or play four square during recess  /my room was packed!  I feel compelled to point out...

Diapers to diapers exhibit in collaboration with Monica dawn.. Fundraiser for Tri valley haven..  Photography & poetry exhibit celebrating the entire circle of life for females, with truth, humor, beauty..joy..

Vagina monologues..   performed at bank head theatre in Livermore, but all rehearsals in pleasanton..   /I have a different upcoming list to thank the city of Livermore; also..a creativity birthing center..

kissing the chocolate blues.. My first theatre piece, performed at the firehouse art center.. In collaboration with faith Alpher, Jessica reaber..  FAC administration...

poet laureate..  with its own sublist of events, readings, etc.  Including the above mentioned.. And!

8 shots of ink.   -my first documentary in collaboration with Jane berry, Casey Boyden.. FAC administration..

The Heart Seen exhibit at Ricks Picks..   The Mothers Day crafts.. The wine bottle craft class... the Ricky & Picky photography...

The Momma palooza event in collaboration with Debra knox..

The local artist work I was able to get on display at Amelias..

Articles & Feature columns I've written for the Pleasanton Patch..

My invention of Facebook~Guestbook at Ruby Hill.

and I'm sure there are many I'm leaving out..  But my point, is that over the past 20 years I've lived (6 different places) in Pleasanton..

I think my creative output provides its own testimony

-same way, the amount of writing I've done since the invention of the blogosphere provides its own testimony.

-it starts with a place; a place you feel safe and welcome to create in..to experiment within..

"Go!"

#firehouseartcenter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home