Wednesday, March 11, 2015

911 EMERGENCY: HELP TAME MY TONGUE. (Me!) sandra, tvgp

HOT BUTTON! HOT BUTTON!   unless I think on this a couple days.. It will be nothing but emotional vomit on the page. -and the stakes are too high. It needs to be communicated in a mature, poised, educated, powerful way in order to actually effect change and not just appear as a random individual venting which are easy to ignore.

-and here I've been so proud of myself for all the effort I've put in + Gods grace taming my tongue..  internally I smile and refer to myself sometimes as 'Sandra, the cussing Christian..'.  

Im repeating here i know, but do you ever hear F-bombs out of Joyce Meyer? Bishop T.D Jakes? On the Hour of Power or EWTN?  Never. 

but cover your eyes, and your ears if you read out loud because..

may I first remind everyone it is 2015!!!  

there are so many things I was just certain were done away with 20 years ago, then suddenly I find out the same stupid shit is STILL taking place

-this one kills me though; just kills me!

a doctor giving a 9 year old child, who maybe (great emphasis on MAYBE)  10 lbs heavy the diagnoses of:

"Morbid obesity."

my initial reaction is so filled with rage and f-bombs I can't even type it here.

So, I guess I have to type it here instead:

WHAT THE FUCK?!      /forgive me Jesus.  sign of cross.

/I'm revealing processing to you. Making it transparent.

after the initial impulsive emotional reaction...  Eventually, a more mature approach..   But can't get to that one without letting the first one pass by.

mature people filter. Keep the impulsive one internalized. share the thought-out version..

I know the birth of and current use of the term, morbid obesity, is used out of

fucking ignorance.     /forgive me Jesus.  Sign of cross.

and not with any intention of psychologically wounding young children or with the intention of creating neuroses, or with the intention of creating a preoccupation with body image, weight, -giving birth to eating disorders which prior to said diagnoses were nonexistent..

I am just absolutely sure these doctors have their fucking hearts in the write place when they tell parents their perfectly normal child is morbidly obese...

it is used quite casually, quite clinically..   by utterly desensitized, clueless doctors..  if I remember back correctly.. in strictly medical terms in means 25lbs overweight or more; but I have not researched this..    -and the standard by which this chart is used!  Hideous. As if all human beings had same bone structure, body type, etc.   Where underweight is considered normal weight and a couple pounds over is called morbid obesity.

I'm coming to you from the streets; colloquial..  to educate you and as politely as I am currently capable of being

ask you

To STOP using this diagnosis YESTERDAY!   STOP! STOP! STOP!

ask any person on the street to point at a picture or draw a picture of someone who is "morbidly obese."

-even just the word morbid.   -to describe a human being; a 9 year old child?!   I cannot even believe it...    the association with the word morbid is...  terrible/awful!

and obese?!    colloquially speaking..  this means.. like,  super~huge.   most people envision someone over the 500lb mark..

that is the ASSOCIATION.   -so when you tell a child they are

Morbid

and

Obese.

-my God.  entire families are devastated.  leave in tears..  Unnecessary Pre-occupations begin..   self esteem is attacked.  confidence is punctured. Self image plummets.

and how much of any of those do children have to begin with.

There is a huge discrepancy here and now.. As there has been for a good long time between the

medically, casually, clinically dropped term morbid obesity; its denotative definition

Vs. the colloquial, connotative, definition and accompanied visual image.

we cannot ignore this.   People are being quite unnecessarily devastated.

-I will spend only a minute to acknowledge.. Yes, we are living in times of junk-food heaven and video games..  less nutrition and less physical activity.. I will not deny an increase in diabetes, and weight..

however.. it also trends; healthcare practices.. and hyper awareness; overkill in testing, misdiagnoses, leaping to judgements..    -this happens too.

it is a beautiful and wonderful thing when we nip bad health habits in the bud; catch early warning signs and make improvements..

and it is a hideous and ugly thing when take perfectly normal healthy children, families and create neuroses; eating disorders; attack esteem and self image by using terms like 'morbid obesity'

when a simple, 'couple pounds heavier than we'd like to see you'

would do.

**

so, I will clean this up... Polish.. Edit.. Etc.  and then make copies to send to every possible medical professional from the white house to the local URGENT care.. 

Im still pissed off...  Just Frickin outraged..   Tell a perfectly healthy child they are morbid..   and obese..

...has to be ignorance..  Just has to...  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home