Thursday, March 26, 2015

Jesus & The Placebo Effect. by (me!) sandra, tvgp

placebo; a recent conversation because it is being discussed in class at my daughters school..

a fascination with me because I spend an embarrassing amount of time contemplating the distinction between believing  and knowing..  between truth and fiction; between literal truth and truth~truth..  between what we believe is true; and take as fact.. But is later revealed as false..

it is a little unnerving at first.. If you've ever been told, take this medicine, it will cure such n such..  and then you are later told, -it was not really Medicine.. But youre cured!  ~because you thought.. Because you believed..   So, it turns out you never really needed the medicine at all..

it would take more time than I have write now to cover this topic in detail.. Puncture holes in it.. Because there are many opportunities to do so..

but a highly important topic:  -what we each believe..  What science can and cannot prove..

I, for example, can believe my whole heart out.. that when I wake up.. I will no longer have gray hair..

But believing ain't gonna change the color of my hair is it.  Only dye can do that..    -someone had to figure all that out.. What ingredients, chemicals, in what combination, put on for how long.. Etc.

-these people amaze me.   But! To avoid getting off track..

it is true:  sometimes just believing can accomplish what we give medicine the credit for..

And sometimes if all you are counting on is -belief.  Nothing will change, heal..  Medicine is in fact mandated if you want to see a result.

How can we distinguish..  Control groups, write.  Experiments and control groups..

Now.. This brings me directly to Jesus..  to believers..  To believers in Jesus.. In God.. In a holy spirit..

Placebo?  Just believing is getting the result?   but he's like fake medicine? Not real?

.. Control groups... Experiments..  

Do lives really change?   Do people really heal? 

Yes they do.  When they believe. ..by faith and not by sight...  

couple thousand years worth of evidence...  millions of testimonies.. 

Very important for people to take inventory of what they believe; and why they believe it..

And assess the results.  

In Jesus name, amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home