Sunday, November 09, 2014

Potty Trained & Loyal for (me!) Sandra, tvgp

My dad: "do you need a man who has strong abs? Is that important to you?".  /picture of some hunk on the internet..

(Me!): " I want my man potty trained and loyal.. Nothing else matters.."

My dad: "guess that's important.. You want him to remember to put the seat down.."

(Me!): "that's not the kind of potty trained I'm talking about.. What I mean when I say potty trained is that I want a man who doesn't have to gaze at every female that walks by.."

My dad: "we're just looking..  Nothing wrong with that"

(Me!):  "potty trained and loyal; that's all I ask.."

-my dad.. Who vocalizes his opinion on everyone woman who appears on the TV; seeks opinions on who is more beautiful, this one or that one? Teaches  "Hubba hubba ding ding" to all his male grandchildren..  

That's who he is; that's what he does..  I would never ask or expect him to change. He is a great dad, wonderful grandfather..

But I couldn't be married to someone like that for 5 minutes.

They are out there in large numbers.. Unpotty-trained men..

Married men with their wife at their side..  Flirting with others.. Announcing who they find attractive; eye-ing every female..

It just seems like such huge disrespect..

I see some of these wives with unpotty trained husbands.. They seem entirely impervious..

I think they've settled below what they deserve..

Because when I see husband's who do respect their wives..

That is what I wish for my daughter..

And what I hope to instill in my son..

"Let's learn a little respect here..   A little self control, some manners, and respect.."

For this I pray.  -amen..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home