Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Favorite Memory trigger! For (me!) -writeousmom..

I will never tire of having this memory triggered...  So, -extra grateful for the bag of hand-me-down clothes sent from our cousins in southern California to my niece..

They are another family of faith as you can see from this top with a bible passage..   But! Oh! -the passage itself brings an INSTANT smile to my face..

When was it?  I'm not sure if my son was in 1st or 2nd grade? -but please see him very young, those big earnest blue eyes.. That dimple.. A very high level of sincerity..

We were on our way back from school when he told me that some kid had been kicking and hitting him at recess..

I silently plotted a vengeful visit of roman proportion to said child's home.. While outwardly remaining calm

"What did you do?...  How did you handle that?"

"I kicked and hit him back...    -because that's the golden rule.."

I said, "how is THAT the golden rule?!"

He said,   -so innocently; so sincerely; so confident..

"Do unto others as they have done unto you."

***

Still makes me laugh... Always will..     A true treasure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home