Wednesday, November 05, 2014

"What are God's promises again!?" By (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I had the same reaction initially for sure...  To have the preacher say, 'God keeps his promises'

-how it flashed through my mind.. The kidnappings, the rapes, the bullies, the alcoholics, the high number of mean manipulative people, the exploiters, the liars, the thieves.. The drug addicts..

My own battles with PTSD.. A million symptoms thereof; how much my life was robbed; entire childhood robbed..

The suffering going on all around the whole world!   And looking at my preacher like,  

Um, ..  "What exactly are God's promises?".    /the fact I recall this now with laughter, joy, peace is a testimony in itself!

But we hear it often... How could there be so much suffering if there is a God?  How could a loving God allow?...

What I have learned.. Is that  -nowhere-   in the Bible does it say that there will be no suffering.  But several..  Too many passages to list here.. Several places in the bible in says, in one form or another..

Well, in crude terms..  -you will suffer.  That it turns out IS one of God's promises..

/not easy for the spiritually young to swallow no doubt.

But there is also.. Too many passages to list here.. Just as many passages where God promises that those who suffer.. Those who bear their cross..

They will also rejoice in God's glory.   There is the promise that all things will be worked for the good..  And one of my favorites, which can be found in 2 Corinthians 1: 3-11, which summarized =

..the God of all compassion and comfort, who comforts us in our troubles so that we can comfort others...

Now.. Doesn't that sound, in essence, what I have said on my own, from my own observation and experiences:

That we come to earth with instructions.  What we love to do instructs us on what we are here to do.  -and what suffering we endure instructs us on who we are here to help.

-doesn't that give you a new spin!  The more ways you suffer; the more people you can help!  -the more opportunities you have for exercising compassion and comfort...

I've also benefited tremendously from learning to believe -that the more good you are destined to accomplish for God; the greater the attacks to try and stop you..

Another beautiful spin!  Away from "why are all these horrific things happening to me?"  Toward, "wow! I must be a huge threat to the devil destined for great and mighty works for God"

So.. Please do not make any association where suffering means the absence of a loving God.. 

I have been delivered..  Never alone... Comforted through...  And live now, on the other side.  I have gained priceless tools that allow me to know -KNOW-  that if and when and as future attacks occur

God will prevail through me.   -in time through my children.. My grandchildren..  Etc.  

Here is the single most important thing I can share about human suffering and healing:  you need prayer, love and time; lots of time.

In our modern on-demand world.. With so much available so instantly..   The requirement of patience and time is a greater challenge

"Keep the faith!"

One person I recently spoke with.. Lost her mom at a young age to breast cancer; she battled breast cancer for 20 years!   -this is a great suffering.. Terrible for the mom.. Awful, painful for her children; helpless..  And then motherless..

In the past week..  I spoke with her.  It has been a long time since she endured this loss. She is a mom herself now with two beautiful daughters.  She was in the store purchasing a gift for the mom of one of her daughters friends who.. Just finished chemotherapy for her battle with breast cancer..   She said to me..  "I never knew one day I'd be able to help someone.. But the daughter is about the same age I was when my mom was diagnosed.. So it felt good to be able to tell her I know what its like.."

-it is a promise for those who believe:  ..so that we can comfort those in trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive..

It is pain and suffering made beautiful; the very definition of transcendence..

It is one of the most incredible patterns in humanity to witness.

It is a significant distinction between two groups:

The, "I have suffered! And so am going to make sure you suffer too!"

Vs. "I have suffered.  I know your pain.  I made it through.. And so can you"

I pray for everyone..   All suffering; transcended. -for the glory of God.  And just as the Bible reads, may every rainbow you encounter serve as a loving reminder of Gods covenant with his children..  Hallelujah and amen!





1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger SHE said...

Promises cont.:

-beauty for ashes..

-double blessings for former trouble..

-all things worked for good..

-victory over death; life eternal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home