Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Grandmothers Love -as seen by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

The best example I can provide is this:

A toddler, who has just handed a tiny, sticky, booger from his nose to his grandma.

-the mom.. She is slightly horrified.. Apologizes to the grandma, hands her son some Kleenex, gives a brief lecture on manners, digs for the bottle of hand sanitizer from her purse..

But the grandma!

She accepts the tiny, sticky, booger as if it were a diamond.

"Did you pick this just for me you sweet thing you..". And she gives her grandchild a big kiss.

***

I have written about it before; the strongest power in the entire universe; -a grandmothers love.

And i was reminded when i watched martha meltzer talk about her granddaughter yesterday..

The way she lit up.. Had such a smile retelling some family classics..     -and she shared the same secret my parents know..

"You get to be so much more relaxed"

More love; less responsibility...

Everytime i watch my own parents with my children..   When i watch the expressions of any loving grandparent

I just know.. It is the greatest love their is to know as a human being. -so i always silently pray.. 'Please Jesus.. Let me live long enough to experience this! .. To be a rockin' grandma!"

Amen

***

For the record:   i was in the company of martha meltzer because i am in the process of creating a documentary, along with jane and casey, for the city of pleasanton...      -details withheld.. But to honor the literary arts..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home