Monday, September 08, 2014

Pompei! As thoroughly enjoyed by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

I think that was the name of it.. Pompei. Im close.. 

It was my favorite dance number when i went and saw jazz n taps dance recital in june, i think it was..

Some of it flashed in my mind yesterday when i met and was talking to a young dancer and her dancing mom yesterday..

I said all of this before.. When i saw a jazz n taps recital some number of years ago.. How thrilling! To see such a variety.. Fresh! New choreography! Fresh, new costumes!

It took place behind my back when i stopped looking..

I dont know the exact year.. I just know at some point long ago i was bored to tears with what i was seeing..

Same ole steps in a different order.. Over and over and over again

Same 'type' of costumes..  In different colors..

I stopped paying any attention..

A revolution took place..   Dance has evolved into exciting places i never imagined.. The spectrum! The creativity!  Its gone spectacular...

I loved the entire recital; every number.. Especially i delighted in seeing my mom friend catherine and her daughter natalie.. I bought tickets for both days..

This amazing combination, when they get it just write:

Choreography; true to the music.
Costume; true to the choreography.
Lighting/stage; true to the choreography and music.

And great choreography to me =  well, actually it is the music selection that would come first; inspiring the moves..

And if you select a piece of music that it is exciting.. That contains some mix of fast, slow.. Element of surprise; some unpredictability..

Well.. For me.. And i sure hope im remembering correctly, but there was one performance that had it all..

Pompei.  -and i wasnt there to judge.. I was just there to enjoy

And I enjoyed the whole thing..

But "wow!"..   Who wrote that piece of music? Who choreographed? Who designed those costumes? Who chose the lighting?

What dancers executed this number..  ?

If i could only see 1 dance again from that recital...

" encore!".      Love, gratitude, appreciation.. 

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger SHE said...

And! This interactive choreography..

Dancing with video in the back.. Ive been seeing on americas got talent..

Theyve taken everything to a new creative level..

Cant get enough...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home