Saturday, November 23, 2013

TWO TO MAkE IT WORK; ONE TO MAKE IT FAIL by (me!) Sandra, tvgp

That's not my quote, I don't know who first said it.. But nothing that has ever been said about romantic relationships is more true or perfectly, consistently accurate. My handsome prince goes, "I don't want you to think the wrong thing.." then goes on to tell me about a thank you gift he is getting for a female friend of his.. I did not get upset. I've got Jesus. And here's what I've learned along the way: when, my dear handsome prince, you get and give a gift to said female.. You have either a pure, or un-pure internal motive. It is either a genuine thank you, nothing more, or you, in fact hope it leads to something more.. You plant a seed, you are trying to grow the relationship... Check your heart. Only you (and God) know your true motive. Now.. I like to think we have a relationship worth protecting, so on the occasions, I've checked my own heart.. And felt a tug in the wrong direction.. I pray and redirect.. But unless both of us are working towards protecting and not threatening our relationship; well, that's why it is my favorite quote, because it is just dead on true: two to make it work; one to make it fail. Every decision, action, thought.. It is either supporting.. Or weakening. -write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home