Friday, November 22, 2013

I NEVER MENTIONED THAT? (Me!) -writeousmom

Two thumbs typing on fancy phone with flat glass keyboard *** what a beautiful, romantic proposal story was shared by the youth pastor at my church...  It came up in conversation when I was driving my son and nephew to school.  I go,  "you boys pay attention.  He really did it write.  That's a story they'll be sharing over and over..  He gave her such a nice story to repeat...".   Quiet in the car.   I'm not sure whether or not I'm just talking to myself.. If either one of them cares or is paying me any attention.  Then I go, "you know...  I dont think I can remember the way either one of my ex-husbands proposed to me?  ".   And suddenly my son is like, "you were married before...dad?".   -honestly...  Had I never mentioned it?  I know my daughter knew...  Sometimes because she's older, she's heard more..  And these days I'm really not sure what I have and haven't shared with which child...  "Yep.  I was married the first time when I was just 18 years old.".  -and with his signature sarcasm, he goes, "how long did that last? Two years?".  I made eye contact with him in the passenger side back seat through the rear view mirror,  "nope. Three!".  

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger SHE said...

Me and my best friend, made of honor, partner in several crimes and misdemeanors.. Sue-sue.

Spouse: mark kersting. 1984-1987 -ish.

My lack of memory regarding the proposal is due to my PTSD..

I did eventually remember the 2nd proposal.. In front of my grandma.. Who always said, "I love, love.".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home