Sunday, December 16, 2012

"GOD NEEDS MORE SOLDIERS" says (me!) writeousmom

But I said it from a different room in the house so my son didn't hear the whole thing.. He said, "you want me to join the army?". I said, I'm not talking about the U.S. Military, I'm talking about God.. The world. God needs more soldiers... More light in the world, more caring, loving people... Lights in the darkness.". And by now we were in the same room and could see each other eye to eye. He agreed. And we both knew the conversation was born from the sandy hook shooting. PBH: one thing that makes me especially proud, is that I have children of God.. From God; for God. -this did nothing to shake my faith.. It only serves to remind me how much more we need God in our lives. All of us. PBH: "one of the most fascinating transformations I've both experienced and witnessed in human beings," I told my daughter, "is to watch people go from the worst suffering imaginable.. Turn away from God in pain and anger... But fast forward 10, 20, 30 years.. And these exact same people sometimes become God's greatest saints. It has happened over and over and over... Too many people to even count.". -and my daughter agreed. She knows it's true. -she knows as a teenager, what it took me several decades to comprehend. -this is not the end of this story.. This shooting. It is a tragic chapter... Gods first responders are on the scene.. And what emotional distance, age and time and experience and study give me the advantage to realize is this: God can -and WILL- work ALL things, including this tragedy, For the good, of those who love him. This tragedy must be entrusted to God. The other thing that, emotional sensitivity, along with age and time and experience and study gives me the advantage to know is this: no one directly impacted can receive this message write now. Nor should anyone try to force feed it. But I point out in closing.. There is only one appropriate response to those in agony and that is love. -and what is God? ..for all those suffering, I pray.. For all victims of violent crimes..in the mass media shadows.. Who died and will die one by one and not part of a mass murder.. I pray.. for more soldiers in Gods army.. More light and love in the world.. I pray.. In Jesus name I never stop praying... In love, with love, more love...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home