Saturday, December 17, 2022

my life long and still true love... (me!) ~topps.

i LOVE paper.  of many different kinds, graph paper, blank paper, designer paper, card stock, 20lb, ruled, brand new, ancient papyrus..   and so, Christmas wrapping paper!  and reversible/two sided paper!  please..   and, paper gift tags!    -but look at that, will ya, 

a sheet of 48 Christmas gift tag stickers.
yes, they are cute; no argument there; but how on earth are you supposed to write several names with only two pennies worth of space to write them? and, they are so small, you need a magnifying glass to find and read them on any present.  -no, those will never do.

it is my great JOY!  (cartwheels to Christmas music here), to make BIG! personalized, customized paper gift tags to place on Christmas presents.  And, this year..   in some cases, even made them to match the (gorgeous! reversible!) Christmas wrap itself.  Of course, as i have had the great pleasure of mentioning for two years now:  the JOY! is back in everything now that I don't have to squeeze everything into crunched highly restricted windows of time, and get to now stretch everything out and do them at my own pace!  it's spiritual math:  plenty of time = JOY,    subtract time and joy disappears in degrees that directly correlate to the amount of time that is being taken away.  So, can never thank my sexy enough for inviting me to retire.  and! for gifting me with my very own studio 213.  huge blessings!  and then, thank mom/rick for the color printer..  and longer list, but the end result is this is one of the best Christmas seasons ever, creatively speaking:  from creating custom Christmas cards, to creating the packaging for my mom's cookie exchange party, to wrapping presents; to making custom made gift tags.  this really is heaven to someone like (me!).  and my love for paper, i re-realize, is, in fact, life long..  i responded in such big ways, internally, just to look upon matching stationery and envelopes in my youth, with beautiful colors, textures, cute little decorations; loved then, and love still,  stamps, stickers, decorating envelopes.. 

[might point out here, that i didn't have a letter to write, and went in search of paper, but rather, sometimes the paper was so beautiful, it made me want to write a letter to anyone.. someone]

  and love the feel of paper pages in a Bible, or any printed book.  Only very selectively will i ever laminate to preserve paper, because once you do..    you'll never be able to feel that paper again, which in some cases, is equal in importance to seeing/looking at it.




 and which also got me to thinkin'         -how much Joy! for our Lord, when you have eternity to work with..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home