Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Dear Spotify, Regarding UI & UX -from (me!) but not only (me!).. countless others


 (me!):  Thank You Love, for helping me get my spotify all set up and easy on my phone, and! commercial free!        /hug, kiss..

Lord knows I had struggled for days..   speaking into my phone, 'open spotify dot com'   -and it would!  and there would be my playlist; -awesome

but then next day, 'open spotify dot com'   -and an entirely different page shows up.. and i can't get to my playlist..        do you remember the popular saying from yesteryear  'insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result'

    -well, reverse that for our digital age.  You can say the exact same thing but get an entirely different result.   -frustrating! as all get out

anyway..  then i started trying being more specific 'open my playlist on spotify dot com'   -and one day, "it worked!"

but the next day, the exact same words in the exact same order, -did not work.

that is when you have to call in your adult children, or grandchildren, if you have them

and my daughter came to my rescue.   now i don't say anything into the microphone on my phone.  there is an app; i click on it,  -my spotify opens, i click on my playlist, and   -this time of year, 

i'll listen to Oh Holy Night, by Christine Aguilera too many times to count, 

anyway, 

my daughter also shared this very good news: with spotify, she could text me a link which would allow me to add her music playlist into my music library!  -awesome again!

and so naturally, i said with a smile,   -would you like to add my playlist to your music library?


um     -No.

****

which made us both laugh.   and she did mention having a few 'mom grooves' in her mix.

***

NOW, DEAR SPOTIFY:  REGARDING YOUR UI & UX

I cannot for the life of me, figure out why..   why?!  with all the technology you do have; all the talent; all the resources..

when my playlist ends, and spotify continues playing music it has chosen for me..  why can't i just immediately 'delete' a song I don't want to finish listening to; and know I never want to hear again?

why can i   'hide' a song, but not delete it?   this is very odd; odd vocabulary choices..

the amount of clicking, i have to do to navigate to whatever screen it is   "which screen is it?!?" that finally gets me to the page, where i can search...   search..  and then press three dots.. and then scroll, and then eventually delete a song..

and if you google..   you can see this is a shared/common frustration for countless spotify subscribers.  -why is it being ignored?     [all i want for Christmas is, on this same menu, the option to stop a song in in its tracks and remove it from my account...   is this a gigantic ask?] 


i.e.,  like this:


so,  -your UX could use a UP -DATE.     /and here i thank my son for updating my own vocabulary with UI & UX..    and then, his recommendation to watch the abstract of design/ian spalter episode on netflix, which helped serve as overlap learning..   

  "Thank You!"     -back to my mom grooves & Christmas wrapping        amen. 

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger SANDRA HARRISON KAY said...

and so, from limited reading... currently, you can't delete a song from your Playlist without simultanepusly deleting the song from the spotify cloud library. I am nothing if not a free consultant, so may I recommend: a box you can check which says This song is not my taste. and it automatically stops the song and removes it from potential selection in your individual Playlist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home