Monday, September 14, 2020

"911! Scissors! It's an emergency!" cries (me!) ~tops



my mom..   she wanted to print out and display a current picture of Robert & I

and she showed me the picture of us at the lone cypress..

and it is a very current picture; and it is a very good memory!  a wonderful memory..

but it is NOT a flattering picture!

Good God..  i practically raced to a pair of scissors and started chopping my bangs

i can't be that ugly! please no! my sexy had to look at me like that all day?!? 

and, the climate was cool and damp, so it was good for a long ride, i was glad the sun was not beating down on us while we were pushing those bikes up steep hills

but it was awful for my hair!   and i worked so hard on it before we left, wanting to look good for my sexy

anyway..

i gave my mom a look, that translated said, 

please do not display THAT picture...

and then she pointed to the picture i keep as a screen saver on my phone

and we were able to track that one down.

it is one of my all time favorites, and much more flattering

all good memories attached too:  barones, where we met...

and my sister's 50th bday, which was an utter, total, and complete blessed time!

and i do wish..

that every good memory i captured was also a personally flattering picture

but the odds are against that..

so, i try to focus on the memory/experience.. and block out those unflattering pictures

and keep them all

but display more selectively.

Thanks Mom!   I love YOU!   xoxo


and for the record:    i over-reacted and over-chopped my bangs, until they were way too short, and very crooked...  "911!  bang extensions...  someone help!"

it's just hard getting it write sometimes, write ladies...


amen.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home