Monday, September 14, 2020

CH= how i saved a little boys life (me!) sandra, tvgp


 this is currently up at alden lane nursery.  the second i noticed it, i remembered...


(me!):   "Brian,  -remember how i saved that little boys life?"   /said with a smile

Brian Perrin:   "hmm?   oh...   oh yeah..."

-because i pointed to the sweet pea board..  and we both knew i was exaggerating for the fun of it, 

but here is the real deal:    excerpt from longer blog post dated thurs. oct 19th, 2017:

***


SWEET PEA    -oh! I was provided an opportunity to rescue a toddler.    and it was such a sweet moment

but it started out not sweet at all.   it started out with a child screaming, crying..

and that sometimes happens just about anywhere children go.. but it is usually pretty short lived.  in this case..   the crying, screaming seemed to be lasting longer..

I was working with Daniel.. who I just love!  so funny..  hardworking..   and he had visual access from his side of the kiosk, I said,

what happen, did a kid fall?      can't have a pumpkin he wants?

and pretty casual Daniel says, "no.  a kid just got his head stuck in a hole."

I was like, "STUCK IN A HOLE  -HIS HEAD IS STUCK IN A HOLE?!?"

and so speed walked toward the sound of the crying and screaming which was increasing in intensity and volume

"oh...   you're just nervous..   that's okay"  I said,

as I landed upon the planet's cutest little blond two or three year old (?) boy with his parent holding him up so he could put his precious face through one of the cut out circles of a painted wood board which allow up to two people at a time to poke their heads through and become part of a sweet pea painting

and don't they make the cutest memories and pictures!

the problem was..   the cut-out for the sweet pea is not exactly a perfect circle.  it is oblong, and tilted slightly.   very easy to see you need to tilt your head slightly to enter through; you have visual access going in

-but not memory.   and while the back of all mom's heads have eyes, this is not so for our children.

  -the instinct and nature then of a toddler:  pull your face and head straight back out.

by the time I reached the scene this effort had been tried several times unsuccessfully, and the little boy was in a very big panic   -trapped for life! with his head on one side of the world and his parent on the other

and the parents..   their efforts to guide and help..   well, he was just a little too panicked to hear or take instruction

I touched his cheek very gently, and he immediately calmed and quieted   -such a beautiful moment! and I said with a smile, I said,

"honey.. if your head went through the hole this way.. it will for 100% certain go back out too!  but what I'm noticing is that..

well, I'm going to need to turn your head a little bit, would that be okay?"

and in under one second..

out! safe and sound, quiet and calm.  

and now, did I a little bit expect a gesture of gratitude from this precious toddler I had just calmed and rescued from having his head stuck for life; the toddler I spared from becoming a permanent sweet pea picture icon

from being separated from his parents...  being fed and read and talked to through a hole at alden lane into his middle age

I did.

but, you know what he did instead..  he brushed me off and clung to his parents like he may never see them again; ever! he held on so tight.  very quiet.   -recovering.

but on my way home, I said to Jesus..

"thank you!"     I'm so glad that kid got his head stuck in that board..

and that's not write is it..  but, did it ever feel good to help calm and rescue someone.

***

DID YOU JUST SAY RESCUE?

there is no counting how many customers pass through alden lane with dogs, that will share in conversation that their dog is a rescue

just yesterday a customer said she and her husband will go to the pound and determine just what dog is in the most need out of all of them..  and that's the one the take home and nurture..

and these rescues are not overnight adventures.. in many cases..   it took three years before..

or longer.

and, alden lane's famous dog..  haley..   she herself was rescued by the general manager, cyndee..  at 6 months..   and what a win/win that has turned out to be..

but,

so often I want to share..  I want to say in response,

and only one time I did

"I'm a rescue."    -because that's how I feel:    rescued and restored by Jesus.

do we refer to humans this same way?   children in foster care, that were abandoned, but placed eventually with healthy families..  people who care

the lost or lonely or addicted..     who eventually are found, loved, made free..

I like this word:  rescue.     and I love this pairing:   rescued and restored.

"to human restoration!"     amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home