Friday, March 20, 2020

& Rock On; 5 ways to strengthen your immune system by (me!) sandra, tvgp


1 Corinthians 10:4

i'm inspired to share what i've learned/done/and continue to do, 
 to strengthen my own immune system:


MAYBE, it's more accurate to say, what i've learned NOT TO DO, because i know there are certain things that attack/weaken my immune system

and i know, as rhoda describes in her video  /which i link; that just as she says

fear does weaken your immune system.  Rhoda offers a physical exercise to do, 

I would like to offer, in addition, some spiritual exercises:
AND all of the fruits of the spirit strengthen your immune system:

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness & self control.

/and remember here, what I've taught you:  fruits of the spirit are spiritual LAWS; that is, they apply to all of humanity; not just specific faith systems.

so, my number one

#1.   do not watch the news for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time, and only once or twice a day.  it is one thing to be informed; and another to drown in the fear that seeps in your mind, heart, soul and spirit while you watch.   -guard your mind/heart and boost your immune system by limiting the amount of news you watch. 

#2.  do what you can do   -there are two popular Joyce Meyer sayings  "do what you can do, and God will do what you can't do"   and also,  "cast your cares; but not your responsibilities."    so write now, what we each can do is:  wash hands, be conscientious about sanitizing; honor to the degree we can, the shelter in place ordinance/mandate; when you take walks, honor social distancing, be patient in longer lines at stores; be generous/not selfish with key purchases; avoid hoarding..

#3.  ENJOY! everything you possibly can!  do I ever know the power of this as a way to strengthen our immune systems  (I wonder how many of my friends remember when I gifted them martha becks book the joy diet many years ago).  it's true!  fill as many hours/minutes of each day doing things you enjoy, whatever that is for YOU..  for some people it is reading, some it's crafting, some it's gaming, some it's movie watching,   -for some it's talking on the phone w/family, friends..    cooking, learning, singing, dancing...     do it!    and be conscious when you're doing it, just how good it does feel.   and be conscious and say out loud, each time you enjoy anything  "oh! I love this coffee... it tastes so good"   "oh! I love this book, this author..."       "oh! it feels great to finally clean this closet!"   "I l

for many this is a great time to revisit photo albums; print and/or digital and marinate a little each day in great memories, vacations, bdays, gatherings..   good times of any sort.   -remember them; out loud..

and for God's good sake; if there is anything that makes you laugh!  a book, a movie, a funny friend..  it is my experience; as it has been shared by the sages for all of time:  LAUGHTER REALLY IS THE BEST MEDICINE

here is a picture of a few books in my personal library (all autographed/personally inscribed, of course) that really made me giggle AND laugh OUT LOUD





#4. Pay attention to your vocabulary/consciously override any negatives w/positives.   i.e., you are not going to hear me say "stuck" in the house; you will hear me say, "blessed with unexpected time to.."
and since the time is going to pass and the world is going to spin at the same pace, whether we spend it negative or positive; in fear or with hope; frustrated or grateful; unproductive or productive..

you have a great opportunity to use this gift of time as wisely as possible

imagine 3 or 5 weeks from now; imagine being on the other side of this unprecedented pandemic, and pretend/share with someone how you spent your time


#5  Bless others   -this does wonders for the recipient's immune system; but it does wonders for the giver too.   It is the very definition of a win/win.   And no act of kindness (which is a blessing to others) is too small.  If you can bless big; of course! do it..  but if you can compliment...  smile... offer a word of encouragement.. spend a little extra time with..   make a small gift for..    send a funny text to..

***

I will close here with gratitude;   -we are spending our time -our 'shelter in place' at home, together, doing projects..  but for many, many.. healthcare workers, first responders, grocery store staff, gas station personnel, corrections officers, deputies..news reporters,  etc., etc.,    -they are stepping up to the plate; on the front lines of this pandemic    "thank you!"   God bless you seven fold

***
 and share how my sexy and I will be spending our time today:

delicious hot coffee, while we watch hand-in-hand our spiritual trifecta tv shows:
Joyce meyer * joel osteen * bishop t.d. jakes

we had the most flavorful..  oh! a favorite, favorite:   blt's with mimosas   "cheers!"


we will clean up/take showers..      go for a walk outdoors; honoring distance, etc.

we will continue on our big indoor projects:   organizing all my 15+ years of printed out writings (which have gone from box, to box, to storage and..  ended up a big jumbled mess), 


and I am so grateful to at last! and finally! have my special things out of storage, and out of boxes  -and have a space to SEE what I've been doing with my life..

only weeks/months ago, I had 13 or more apple boxes filled with unorganized keepsakes and trash..
when my children came to visit, I was like, "well, there you have it:  my life.  50+ years worth..

but now, I am slowly DISPLAYING what I've been doing with my life:   parenting; mag time frames; good neighbors holiday boutique; the heart seen; diapers to diapers; movers & shakers; sandy land comics; kissin' the chocolate blues; marathon; mixed media art; 





and it turns out:  I have been very engaged; creatively productive..   living a life i'm proud to look back on; and grateful to participate in..

my kids like to tease me..  "oh mom!  look..  there's still an empty space on your wall"

and I tease back, "that's only because i'm not finished yet!"

it is my absolute taste..   as it has been.. and most likely always will be:   wall collages.. eclectic..

I love for my eyes to fall on something/someones they like to see...   everywhere; in every direction!

/wait 'til my kids see what I do with the ceilings!

and my daughter recently showed me a picture of   -beyonce? and family..  where because their careers in entertainment are so over-stimulating; when they come home  -they don't want to see anything on their walls; nothing on table tops or shelves.. it is blank, blank and more blank..   and it is so they can de-stress..

but when my daughter showed me, I was like, "oh, no, no...     

because an empty canvas of any kind for me is just...     oh! it is just waiting for me to fill it!

-but the point for everyone is to custom create environments that are pleasing to them.   home, room, office, garage, etc.

and I can't wait to continue filling these walls...    so grateful!    my new space/room is affectionately called studio 213.

   -and so, where was I?    

yes, we will continue work on our projects.. organizing, decorating..  and we will watch movies later..  the news is small increments...   make some calls..

make some love..

and pray before we fall asleep..   and wake again to coffee, spiritual trifecta...

***

In Jesus trustworthy name..   with love AND gratitude          -amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home