Monday, March 25, 2019

PROUD NEW MOM... (me!) sandra, tvgp



 there are both advantages and disadvantages to being someone's first

  -some magical combination of excitement, despite, or directly related to, lack of experience.

but, it reminds me of being a first time mommy   -how much I check on them...   hover..

delight at the smallest sign of growth, responsiveness; worry..    

getting enough water, sun, shade, rest...?

    -all this magnificent potential

and here is something I learned, as a mom of two, not one child..

the second time around,

you realize a certain amount of the growth, responsiveness, maturity

it takes place all on its own..    despite your mistakes and despite your every correct decision.

its very humbling..     when the realization hits

that in some instances; you cant take blame or credit..

we are at all times in collaboration with nature itself.

and the goal..     just want to make sure at all times..     I am doing my part to the best of my ability.

****

which is why I looked...     smiled, talked to them, and decided..

no extra water needed this morning we have more rain comin'

***

I won them at a staff meeting at alden lane  -raffle.    would have never purchased them on my own, for reasons that would take too long to name write now

but,

let's call it a pleasantly unplanned parenthood

***

the rose did not have an identifying label or tag, so we won't know what it is until it blooms..

I have named** her..

I have named** him...

I have named my first rose,   wonderful surprise.

my pear tree, a 3 in 1, is still waiting for a name...  

but I do like naming things, it connects me in a way, non-named things do not enjoy

***

can't help..   once you learn about hybridizing..    to let your imagination wonder..

and when I recently caught the beautiful shimmer of an African violet in the garden store at alden lane..   a sparkle you can only see in certain light, from a correct angle, otherwise it seems non-existent..

but when my eyes landed on that sparkle..   oh!

so, my favorite rose is a josephs coat; and my favorite fragrance; neil diamond rose..

so, we have color, fragrance..  

but what if you could add a sparkle/shimmer to the pedal of a rose!!!

my God that would be awesome

hallelujah & amen

***

**    in keeping with the times/and to remind myself to write about this new term:    gender non-conforming.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home