Sunday, March 03, 2019

Daffodils & Dinosaurs & Dance Floors as remembered by (me!) sandra, tvgp

yesterday; I had a personal goal..   to re-find the man I met one or two years ago at the daffodil show at alden lane.    -reason being..   I was moved by his story..   but when I turned to help other customers and turned back to hear the rest of his story  -he was gone.   most I could remember was this:

its what I shared when I entered the daffodil show yesterday

(me!):   "hi..   do you, or does anyone here, - know a man in this society..  and he used to live in Oakland, and he was reading the newspaper one day.. and he didn't have anything else to do.. and he read about a daffodil show within walking distance from where he lived..   and even though he didn't know anything about daffodils..  he went..  and it changed his life.."

and before I could finish sharing everything I remembered, the very man I was talking to said,

"that sounds like me."    

and he did reiterate how it was that he came to see and learn about daffodils..  and how,  fast forward 30+ years..   here he is..   a hybridizer..

and he is invited here..  via comments.. to share his story in his own words..   /as is anyone from the society..

 

  -there is just something I love about bob's life story..    what an abrupt, unexpected, unplanned change in his life path occurred as a result of looking for  -something, anything to do..

and the 'what the heck' attitude...  responding to something within walking distance, that otherwise and prior held no real interest at all..

and what a passion/hobby/avocation it ignited...

how can that not inspire?      ... falls very much into the 'you never know' category...

and gets more interesting to me still, because..

starts out with a 'you never know'

but..    that mysterious way that we do know

we immediately do know, when we come across an object, person, place or experience, that attracts our time, energy and attention; that separates itself from the pass-up-able; ignorable; let-go-able..

i.e.,





***

and separate but the same..    my encounter asking the very man if he knew the man I was looking for..

and having it turn out to be him..

that CH'd write here:

dinosaur in Pleasanton











***

in Jesus,  I pray daffodil and dinosaur and falling in mutual true, loyal love on the dance floor experiences for everyone..

 name.   ~amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home