Sunday, March 03, 2019

finding the write audience... (me!) sandra, tvgp

you know how I love to tease my dad..   he's been tellin' the same jokes for how long?  and so when we brought grandchildren into the world for him,  -awesome!     he didn't have to change his material because he got a new audience.

***

finding the write audience is a trick..   part science, part art..  part the C's

and there are some (politicians, let's say)  -willing to change their message to suit the audience..

and some (comedians, let's say),  -who keep their material/message.. but have to change venues

I could go on, but you get it 

the common denominator being   -it's just magical when you get to keep your message/material and naturally have the write audience

for (poet's, let say)    -we are already starting out with a small % of the population.   there is a real reason for the shelf space devoted to poetry in any given book store, retail establishment   -digital or real world.    -for the amount of class space, hiring, for poetry instructors

mass and appeal don't tend to apply to poetry and poets.

but!  of the small % that do enjoy, love, listen, write, sing, read,  -feel poetry; answer the instinctive call

wow!

and, knowing this..

well, I never try to 'hold court' at any dinner or other social get togethers by reciting poetry..  my own, or anyone else's

I am as selective about sharing (reciting or listening to) poetry, as a nun is about telling sexual secrets

but, 

oh!  was I excited many, several years ago, when I met a man who literally, actually worked for the census bureau 

and, 

that CH's to my more recent experience, as an attendee at a bonide presentation..

I think my ant poem, should be on their packaging, the way quotes are on starbucks cups..

   we have a match!

***

and i'm not sure here whether my bonide post should be its own..  or continue here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home