Thursday, May 10, 2018

Car Crashes & Infidelity as considered by (me!) sandra, tvgp

I am relatively fresh off watching a video sent to me by my daughter   -from a marriage/family psychology class, and on the topic of infidelity   (yawn, stretch..)

the email in response is much longer than I will write here, but..   was thinkin' this morning

   -how I can't even count the amount of accidents ive seen on 580, 680, and side roads over the past two years

and while I'm tempted to give up driving all together sometimes

the actual thing I do,  -like almost everyone else:

I get back out on the road everyday..  the highways..   and I drive to where I need to go

and just do my best, drive my safest,  offense/defense,  always on alert, and I do pray, and i just kind of hope it's not me the ambulance comes for that day.

***

and seems like a fair analogy..    -because by the time you reach 52, you know about a lot of affairs..

I can't even count..

the temptation is to give up on romantic relationships completely sometimes..

but the actual thing I do,   -like many others

I get back out there..

do my best..     apply what ive learned from my own/others experiences

read the signs/signals, stay alert,  -and pray..     and just kind of hope it's not me getting my heart broken that day

***

and,

I did point out to my daughter..

the person in the video counsels couples/individuals who are dealing with affairs..  her exposure is exclusive to that...

faithful couples..      they are worth getting to know, and study and learn from..

and during many of these talks..   ted talks..    you have scientists, researchers, professionals, academics, scholars..

but no mention of God, faith - systems..    ways of behaving, believing, etc.

   personal codes of honor..     integrity..

 "integrity!!"


let me tell you something I KNOW about myself:   I KNOW I will never tempt/entertain the idea of having any intimate relationship of any kind with a man I know is married.  period.

  why?

I KNOW I will never..   flirt/tempt the idea of having any affair on any level with one of my family or friends spouses or significant others..  period.

these things are as far removed from my way of being as stealing cash from an open purse or wallet..

being trustworthy..

being around trustworthy people...   true friends.  true love.   I pray it for everyone



***

speaking of..  integrity and trust~worthiness...  I've already told you, yes..   that alden lane nursery has the best customers anywhere


well, not one..

but TWO people in one day  -yesterday

called the nursery, gave their credit card info..   and insisted on paying for things they brought home, but upon checking their receipt, realized they had not paid for..


this happens sometimes with crowded carts of lots of plants, of such different sizes..

but here is the thing..

alden lane would never know..

and the customer could easily, EASILY, just keep the plants and consider it a blessing, an error in their favor

this seems very much worth studying and learning more about!!

people with this level of integrity...

what is the origin?   why?     how?


and to me..    I project and imagine, people of this level of integrity in day to day life..  they are also that way in their marriages..

Im rather bored/tired/exhausted of the infidelity topic..


   -but people with integrity...

conscience..    


people who do the write thing     -because it is the write thing to do

study. study. study.  learn. learn. learn.  teach. teach. teach.


***

amen.


***



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home