Thursday, May 10, 2018

Best highest recommendation from (me!) sandra, tvgp


reason I couldn't post this earlier is because I wanted to "surprise!" my loved ones.

***

but in February, I got it in my mind and my heart..   the desire to find a place where I could have custom/personal messages put inside fortune cookies to give as gifts to different loved ones, to celebrate different special occasions..

and when I tried to order online...

fail. fail. fail.

but I was quite determined..

and so, I prayed.. and I drove myself to the fortune cookie factory in Oakland..

this was not a pleasurable drive, but..

and then  -saints and angels-   and taryn, because..

there was ONE open parking space, in front of...  and!

there was still time left on the parking meter..

green lights from God, I like to call it..

***

and as a result of going to the place of business in person vs. ordering online

I got to meet in person, the mother/daughter owner team,  3rd generation (?)..    I was provided an exceptional and fascinating tour..

I was able to meet employees..  watch fortune cookies being made..  watch how the message gets placed inside

I got to see such a creative, fun variety of designs, flavors, styles, sizes...   in person, with my own two eyes, and not just a picture of, online

"I was the very first to taste test a new flavor!  honeydew.."

and it just felt like a huge blessing in disguise..  how the entire reason I got to meet who I met, and do what I did, and see what I saw...  all of that happened because my ordering online attempt was unsuccessful.

   but what I want to say..

I mean, 

these are no ordinary fortune cookies!   these taste so far superior to any fortune cookie you have ever had at any restaurant!

and the designs are highly creative!  fun, festive, elegant.. whatever you want..

the assortment..     very impressive!


   -every recipient, every loved one I have gifted with these fortune cookies has commented

 -not just on the custom message..   

but the taste of the fortune cookie itself.

****

and what a cool business..!     when I looked at size, overhead, cost, manufacturing, the product you get to create, sell..

the history of the fortune cookie..

the evolution..

the fun way you can personalize, customize..

***

but what I also learned/thought

well, those of us over a certain age, have a very iconic scene, we can pull up in our imaginations and remember in our mind; at will

and that scene is    -I love lucy and the chocolate candy conveyor belt...

/perhaps this can also be you-tubed..

anyway..

for the moments I entertained duplicating this business in another location..


I would never..


not unless..   not unless a manufacturer can design a fortune cookie making machine where the operator can determine and set and change at any given moment the pace..

if they could create a fortune cookie making machine where you can make a few, or a hundred; but at your own pace.

like the way a seamstress can hit a pedal and stop/start the sewing machine..

***

and, if I don't stop write here.. i'll go on and on about living life at your own pace...  and how you figure out..   and how often  it is unnecessarily overridden...  

pace and space.. I could go on and on about these two topics.. 

***

instead   my biggest "thank you!"  and highest possible recommendation for the fortune cookie factory in Oakland

you are providing phenomenal products & service.  I just love you!


I have ordered how many different.. for how many different loved ones now, to celebrate with gratitude how many wonderful milestones, occasions..

10?  different..

and I will no doubt be ordering more..


Blessings & continued success




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home