Thursday, February 08, 2018

My heart belongs to Robert... (me!) ~tops

it has first of all, in my interpretation, to do with Jesus, and some very divine choreography

a match made in heaven; as the saying goes

because..

over the past number years, if you expressed an interest in (me!), and I learned along the way that you were a commissioned salesperson     -outwardly, I'm sure I was understanding, diplomatic, I like to think, -gracious, about my exit strategy, but I would have pretty immediately had an exit strategy.

I am not judging, I am only observing.  I am aware of the importance, how many dinners have been provided, mortgage payments, kids through college,  -etc.  commissioned sales positions are responsible for..   it is just for (me!) personally.    I am not compatible, in a romantic way, with any man who makes his living this way.   you become inadvertently, highly trained in the art of bullshit..  you are rewarded, recognized, celebrated for sales..   -period.    and not whether or not the sale was justified, affordable, or necessary or appropriate for the customer. the higher you can get the profit margin

which is synonymous with  /the more you can financially screw over your customer

the more money you earn, the greater your recognition, status, rewards..

I am not attracted to masters of bullshit; although I do see its value in our capitalistic society

where I have previously described, and hold to, my definition of:

           capitalism:  when how much money you make is more important than how you make it.

***

and now, I currently work at alden lane nursery   -and of course, it is the sale of plants, flowers, trees, seeds, fertilizers, soil, sod, gift items, décor, etc.   that

-help keep the nursery open
-provides income/health benefits to every employee/the owners
-allows the nursery to host spectacular events, etc.

there are sales quotas to meet and exceed; yes!   as is true with any business

but, one of the things I have been enormously happy to witness, is this:

there is not one horticulturist among them who will sell a shade only loving plant, to a customer they know has a full sun backyard, just to make the sale.

but I have seen and witnessed the analogy of that in many other businesses  -where they will consciously sell anything to anyone with unjustifiable mark-ups and zero regard for customer or aftermath

I hungered to be in an environment and around professionals who value people over sales.  it makes me very proud to work there.

so, my point is this  -if Robert, even with his sexy smile and sexy dancing and gorgeous body..  even with his Christian beliefs, and single status,  -devoted father, strong work ethic, great cooking

        -if Robert shared with me that he was a commissioned sales person..

my heart would have retreated immediately.

***

and if you expressed an interest in (me!) over the past number of years..  and say, tried to impress me with your giant fancy home..

-retreat. ten steps slowly backwards..   now run!

here's why:  I don't want to have to be all uncomfortable and worried all the time about things looking just so.  about a house that needs to be perpetually in magazine cover shoot mode.   it's exhausting.   -these beautiful homes!  and they are beautiful..    see architectural digest magazine:    but, you're never supposed to be able to tell a human has been there..     pristine = I have to be too careful all the time

I prefer comfortable to careful.

If Robert brought me to his architectural digest style home..   I would not look and think, "beautiful!  and he's rich!"   I would think,  "oh no...   I'm exhausted just looking at it.."

so, this is in part,  -how he seduced me, Robert..

by not having a commissioned sales position, but a noble profession; and great work ethic

and by having a comfortable, you can be yourself, relax and enjoy atmosphere in his home..

***
 I am fascinated by how compatible we are..   Spiritually matched.  Energy matched.  Love of God, life, each other; just like he pointed out..  friends, family, dancing, partying,   -work hard/play hard/pray hard

***

and now, I am just so, so grateful, Robert is not an alcoholic, and/or a vegetarian.    because "neither am I!"

and, I enjoy wine tasting..   mimosas, beer, a drink or two when I go out dancing..

social drinking is off limits for alcoholics   -the way seafood is off limits for people who are allergic to..

and I have friends who do not drink alcohol when we go out..  it's not a super big deal.  it's just that it is a blessing that we can, and do,  both of us,  enjoy wine tasting, mimosas, beer, etc.   it's something we can do together.

and,

I understand the benefits of vegetarianism..  but I am not one.  I love lunch meats, steaks and bacon.. none of these are restrictions for me..

and none of these are restrictions for Robert..   we both love a sunday brunch that includes a mimosa and blt..   we enjoy them equally and together.

I wouldn't run in the other direction if you told me you were an alcoholic or a vegetarian..

but it would slow my momentum..

and it just feels like an added blessings that Robert and I have these things in common also.

all of this factors in..

-now,

where we are currently not a match:  physically.

when he flexes his arms..    my, my, my..

and I just flexed my mine..

and so there is some definite work to be done..     but I have every intention of doing it..

and we are going to do that together also..

my heart and my body belong to Robert.    and I have a feeling i'm gonna be not sleeping with my very personal trainer very soon and very often..

I call it all cross-training; yes I do.

hallelujah and amen!     "Thank You!"  Jesus for my Robert..    xoxo  I love him so   ~tops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home